How Do I Become a V-Nonimmigrant as the Spouse or Child of a U.S. Permanent Resident?


New Member
My girl is a US Resident. can i apply this v-nonimmigrant thing?! Right now?!? how long the process will be?!?!

SOme stuff is indicated at "" that
The Legal Immigration Family Equity Act and its amendments (LIFE Act) established a new nonimmigrant category (V) within the immigration law that allows the spouse or child of a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident to live and work in the United States in a nonimmigrant category. The spouse or child can remain in the United States while they wait until they are able to apply for lawful permanent residence status (Adjusting Status), or for an immigrant visa, instead of having to wait outside the United States as the law previously required.

instead of having to wait outside the US. So this mean that i can go w/ her as soon as possible?!


Registered Users (C)
V visas have been unavalible for a few years to date. There isn't any evidence that this situation will be reversed.