How can they make such a mistake?

machelon

Registered Users (C)
My friend got the visa lotery FY05...he applied for the GC thru AOS...his case took a little while because of a thorough FBI background check....but eventually he received his green card on the mail. He was all happy and we all celebrated.
EXCEPT....that on his card, it says he is a female...not male (does the FBI know something we don't know :eek:?)...anyways, so he called them to fix the error...but it has been almost a year since that happen...he has written letters, went to infopass, pretty much talked to everyone except the president of the US about his case, still no green card with the correct SEX. He says a sex change would have been faster than fixing the card thru USCIS :)
I told him...that a mistake on his card is just that...a mistake. His status should be OK. Is that right?. But he says that untill he receives his fixed card...he will not feel like he is a GC holder yet.
Does he just have to wait and keep bugging them to fix it?. Could that little mistake cause him to loose the GC???

Last edited by a moderator:
did he talk to an immigration litigator? he should file a writ of mandamus in the fed court to compel USCIS to fix the error. I believe USCIS will fix the problem before the first hearing.

machelon said:
My friend got the visa lotery FY05...he applied for the GC thru AOS...his case took a little while because of a thorough FBI background check....but eventually he received his green card on the mail. He was all happy and we all celebrated.
EXCEPT....that on his card, it says he is a female...not male (does the FBI know something we don't know :eek:?)...anyways, so he called them to fix the error...but it has been almost a year since that happen...he has written letters, went to infopass, pretty much talked to everyone except the president of the US about his case, still no green card with the correct SEX. He says a sex change would have been faster than fixing the card thru USCIS :)
I told him...that a mistake on his card is just that...a mistake. His status should be OK. Is that right?. But he says that untill he receives his fixed card...he will not feel like he is a GC holder yet.
Does he just have to wait and keep bugging them to fix it?. Could that little mistake cause him to loose the GC???