• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

How can they make such a mistake?

machelon

Registered Users (C)
My friend got the lotery for FY 2005...he applied for the GC thru AOS...his case took a little while because they did a thorough FBI background check ....but eventually he received his green card on the mail. He was all happy and we all celebrated.
EXCEPT....that on his card, it says he is a female...not male (does the FBI know something we don't know :D :D ?)...anyways...so he called them to fix the error (I hope)...but it has been almost a year since that happen...he has written letters...went to infopass...talked pretty much to everyone except the president of the US about his case...Still no green card with the correct sex. He says a sex change would have been faster than fixing the card error thru USCIS :)
I told him...that a mistake on his card is just that...a mistake. His status should be OK. But he sayas till he does not receive the card...he does not want to think he is a GC holder yet.
Does he just have to wait and keep bugging them to fix it?. Could that little mistake cause him to loos the GC???

I recently had the same problem, M instead of F. I filed I-90 and sent supporting docs. I went to my local USCIS and asked for a I-551 stamp which is equivalent to having a card. With it I can work and travel. How long before I'll receive my replacement card is anybody's guess. From what I've read it takes between 2-6 months (officially)...or longer given their renowned inefficiency.
For your friend, he can always file another I-90 attaching a copy of his first application.

Cheers

Barbara

hi

i donnu know about the FBI checking ??

when does it happen usually ?????????before or after the interview

how long does it take ???

all that stuff about FBI and security check is a JOKE guys -its down to individual luck -just that -you can be war criminal wanted in 100 + countrys and yet you will get to the US with no problem whats so ever but again you can be average joe from some foresaken place in Asia and to get stuck for yearss in the name check and security clearences and end up sorted as "animal " on your SSN card -pay not attention to that -its 21 st century

all that stuff about FBI and security check is a JOKE guys -its down to individual luck -just that -you can be war criminal wanted in 100 + countrys and yet you will get to the US with no problem whats so ever but again you can be average joe from some foresaken place in Asia and to get stuck for yearss in the name check and security clearences and end up sorted as "animal " on your SSN card -pay not attention to that -its 21 st century
Before you answer to a thread, you might want to check when the last message was posted...