How can I provide documentations about a persecution I had for asylum based N400 Naturalization filling?

David_US

Hi, I'm planning to apply for naturalization N400 based on my asylum status. I was persecuted twice at my home country due to a political opinion and tortured before being able to leave for good to the US. There were no charges filed against me as I was released each time after around 10 days.
During the N400 online filling, there are few questions whether I was arrested, cited, detained, or being in jail or prison, which I answered as yes. So now the online filling system is asking for information and documents about the arrests and convictions such as “court-certified arrest report” or “certified statement from the arresting agency”. These types of documents virtually do NOT exist in a lawless country where I was persecuted especially that I was never referred to a court of law.
What can I do in this situation? Your advice is highly appreciated.

I would write a letter explaining that. Political arrests are excused. This is a common situation for political asylees. Or you could say No on the form and then explain during the interview when this question comes up. If you follow the later method make sure you bring it up and explain. You are legally allowed to change your answer during the interview. Do not lie, they do have records of your asylum file