New Member
I came here as a k1 visa .. marriage didnt work out .. when my interview date husband didnt should up and me too so 485 go5 denied .. after that i got a letter that my employment id got denied too .. u think i have chances to get my own greencard without a help with my ex and am i illegal already in US ?


Well-Known Member
Unfortunately, if you enter on a K1 the only way to get a green card is through marriage to the K1 sponsor. You have no other options from within the US. You can return home and attempt to find another green card route. How long have you been out of status for?


Registered Users (C)
The K1 is that unique visa where you either get married to the original petitioner, or return home to your country if the marriage to that USC petitioner doesn't work out. You cannot change status to another type.