• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Hi

Enam

Am a 2019 winner interview date on 24 of June is unfortunate I got to know the site just this down because of my work.

I wrote ssce and novdec using two names

At the University for my degree I added kwaku to my formal names which now is in my birth certificate. My passport since they said affidavit is useless at the embassy what do I do Although my pictures are all on the previous certificates.
Please any help from the group I will be greatful

Am a 2019 winner interview date on 24 of June is unfortunate I got to know the site just this down because of my work.

At the University for my degree I added kwaku to my formal names which now is in my birth certificate. My passport since they said affidavit is useless at the embassy what do I do Although my pictures are all on the previous certificates.

What is SSCE NOVDEC?

What region are you from?
Has your interview date been given?

In Accra Ghana, the interview date has be given thus 24 June

Ssce means senior secondary School examination

Novdec when you write the ssce and you didn't pass all subjects you can register the subject you didn't do well and write again to replace the failed results.

1. Which of those names did you use on your original eDV registration?
2. The same two names?
3. What do you have on your passport and birth certificate - same two names?
4. Where did the third name come from?
5. Was it on your original birth certificate or you recently added it to your new birth certificate?

6. Are there any other red flags with your case, as in date of birth, an agent or someone else submitted your eDV registration on your behalf?
7. Did you get married after DV selection?
8. Do you have any derivative?

Answers to these questions may give us some clues as to whether you stand a chance or not

The problem is my uncle's process my documents in high school and made a mistake by not adding the third name to my name .I did the registration myself, I used all the three names during the registration, the three names are on all my documents except the high school .I got married to my girl friend After I play the visa lottery.

Thanks very much am waiting for your reply

The problem is my uncle's process my documents in high school and made a mistake by not adding the third name to my name .I did the registration myself, I used all the three names during the registration, the three names are on all my documents except the high school .I got married to my girl friend After I play the visa lottery.

All 3 names are on the lottery entry and your official documents? You should be fine then as long as those names match. (Ghana often has issues with exact name and birthdate on school certificates, so that shouldn't be a problem as long as they can verify it is you.)

You can add your new wife to your entry. It is strongly advised to take evidence of a real relationship with you to the interview to prove to the CO that it is not a marriage simply for a green card.

Ok thanks very much for your answer am very grateful but if I may ask we only did engagement thus traditional marriage and sign at Court with the marriage certificate the other evidence is our photos albums thus all pictures taken at the traditional marriage is there any other things that I need to add.

And if you can get me any information on marriage couples questions to prepare for the interview thank very much and God richly blessed you all.

You should be fine if all three names were listed on your eDV registration and you listed them also on your DS260 form (just repeating what Susie already stated above ^^^:)).

Ok thanks very much for your answer am very grateful but if I may ask we only did engagement thus traditional marriage and sign at Court with the marriage certificate the other evidence is our photos albums thus all pictures taken at the traditional marriage is there any other things that I need to add.

And if you can get me any information on marriage couples questions to prepare for the interview thank very much and God richly blessed you all.

Was your marriage before your DV selection or after the selection?

Trying to cram and regurgitate answers to questions for married couples is not how you’ll convince the CO your marriage is genuine and not a GC marriage. A plus is if your marriage took place prior to your being a DV selectee. In addition to having a genuine marriage certificate, having pictures/evidence of when you were dating prior to getting married helps. Evidence of trips taken together especially prior to the marriage? Evidence of co-mingling of assets? Those will help.