hi..rfe for birth certificates?

JPGREENCARD

Registered Users (C)
hi

yesterday our avm message is changed to "additional message is requested .......etc".we r thinking it may be for birth certificates as we sent the certificates issued by local indian consulate.

we don\'t have the birth certificates issued by our local municipality..etc.so what should we do now?please advice

thnx
jp

Even I did not had the birth certificate from local municipality

So, I submitted an affitdavit from the local court in India certifying that the date of birth/place all is correct. Anyone in family can take an oath and get the affitdavit for you. I have not got my approval yet, but I think this should be fine. You can Fax a format of affitdavit to your relatives in India, they can get you done this and the court charges Rs 25 as fees, after that they can Fax the affitdavit back to you, while the original comes in mail. Getting the affitdavit in Fax took only 1-2 days for me. I did this while I was submitting the 485 form.
-KumarSunil

Birth Certificate requirement

Hi
Sorry to hear about your RFE. Indian consulate Birth certificates are not enough for INS, as the consulates issue birth certificate based on what is in your passport. All birth\'s in India after 1969 or later should technically be registered in the hospitals. In that case they need the birth certificate from the your birth place\'s ( town/municipality/metro ) registrar of birth & death. Actually, Government of India has set aside a nice birth certificate form for the same purpose( it lists all details in both the local language and English ). Look such a nice thing exists, but we come to know of it only when we need it. Also if you need to get that, it takes quite an effort ( both monetarily & running around courts and municipal offices. Unfortunately I took this route. Had I taken the other routes, I might probably have got my GC by now, GOD willing. ). If you have right connections at high places ( sorry to say that, but that is the plain truth ), you could probably get it faster.

The second option for you is to get the affidavit of birth sworn by your parents ( if parents are not alive then sworn by nearest relatives ) and endorsed by judicial magistrate ( technically this is the correct level of official INS expects endorsement from. But many people even get it endorsed by a lawyer and make a nice Judicial magistrate rubber stamp with his name and use it ). Also for this you need to get a \'Non-availability of Birth records\' from your local muunicipality/metro ( This is relatively easier ).

Hope this helps.

Tamizhan

Affidavit can be used ...

If you do not have record of your birth at your local municipality
you can use a affidavit from 2 people who know you and swear that your
birthdate is so and so.

More info can be found in FAQs at either murthy.com or immigration.com

i have seen quite a few approvals with birth certificate from the Indian consulate in SFO. I guess u

hi thanks to all of u

Hi

actually my husband sent the birth certificate issued by indian consulate in singapore as he got it when we were there and mine was issued by SFO indian consulate.As we r not sure whether INS accepts them we already got some affidavits of birth from our parents notarized by a notary public in india .r they enough ? or do i need to get the "nonavailability certificate" too.

But i think it\'s better to wait till our lawer gets the RFE.thanks to all of u for ur help.

Bye
jp

it could be about birth certificates!

Someone I know got RFE last month for birth certificates b\'coz they used the consulate issued certificate of birth. Since the date of birth in the passport didn\'t match the one in the municipal records, they opted to get a non-availability certificate from the local municipal office (no government office can change your date of birth,
changing birth records is a federal crime in India), but the municipal
office would give you a certificate of non-availability if you want.
You can get that and an affidavit of birth from your parents. It\'s better to get an affidavit from both parents. You can also get it from the closest relative.

The folks I know did this and they got their approval two weeks after sending the papers.

Hope that helps.

Can you let me know the reason?

Dear JPGreenCard,
     since i also send birth-certificate issued by Indian consulate,SFO ,i also like to the know the reason ...

can you pl send me a e-mail,if you don\'t mind to my id?

email:rudrasamy@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Tried and Tested method for birth certificate

I too do not have a birth certificate. In lieu of that I obtained the following documents as per guidance issued by my lawyer:

a. Certificate from Municipality stating that birth record does not exist
b. Notarized affidavit on stamp paper by both parents asserting date of birth
c. Notarized affidavit by a relative asserting date of birth.

The above has worked. I got my approval earlier today.

Case Details

MD:09/13/01
ND:11/18/01
WAC-02-041-xxxx
FP Done:02/13
FP Sched:12/26
EAD Rcvd:11/14/01
AP Rcvd:11/06/01
RFE Rcvd: Regarding Birth Certificates