Hi Pce,Silly man .....Help needed

Dec02

Registered Users (C)
My friend supposed to get a receipt notice (WAC-xxxxx) in the month of march 2001 for the documents sent by DOS to INS. till now he didn`t get any communication from INS office regarding those documents. u might have remember about the march 2001 - papers..tearing.....contractor's mistake ......

Can he go to laguna niguel -INS office to enquiry about the same....but can (i) he get a receipt no. immediately for those docs., and (ii) do u have any idea about the ----Q ------ there at INS office.

Any suggestions...appreciated.

This is screwed up. Q cannot be good. Try calling IIO first, and ask them what to do.

Mar 2001? If they tore up his papers, they have no way of telling if they ever got it .. this is a real messy one, I think he might have to file again, but at the same time avoid duplicate apps, something that only IIO can confirm.

Either way, I say talk to IIO first on phone, and then go to Laguna Niguel and get something in writing if you can that it is okay to file again.

Is this for his 485 app?

Dec02,

Is your friend going through the AOS process on his own or is he going through a lawyer?

I would think it is pretty ridiculous, if the lawyer hasn't done something already. It is almost 10 months since he has applied for AOS, he should have atleast received some indication, eg. AP, EAD, Fingerprinting notice etc. giving him a clue as to the fact that INS has his papers or not!

If your friend doesn't have a lawyer, I would suggest, that he hire one IMMEDIATELY! Then let the lawyer handle this case, because it is definitely complex and I shudder to think how complicated it can get if INS decides to act tough! Though I expect they won't considering it is their fault!

Good luck to your friend!

Last edited by a moderator:
find out what happened to cheques which were send ..were they cashed by INS then get a copy of them u may find the receipt number on the back. and Let this case be handled by good lwayer.

Dec02
You are hipocratic....

Why do put your friend''s name for your case.

Nothing happens....if you are truthful atleast in this simple cases.

Thanks to all...

Its my friend case only. Not 485,765,130, 140...or h1 ......this is regarding J-waiver......
Fees paid earlier to DOS (so we cannot have an option to check whether cash is encashed or not), DOS send its recommendations to INS then INS should give a receipt for those docs. and it process in its own style.....

Wrong place to post your questions Dude .If u post ur things in 485 forum everyone will think its 485 only. You can find ur answers at right place or contact a lawyer.

Dec02,

Please stick to the correct forum when you post your messages! First of all, you don't post complete information on the case, that others can read and whereby, ignore your post since it is off topic, and then you assume that everyone knows what you are talking about.

RTFM!