Help

Lawrence1973

My husband and I (I'm the Peticioner) went to our 1st adjustment status interview. I thought it went well .then we received notice that a second interview will be scheduled. No problem . We are awaiting the second interview and My marriage went down hill. To the point we are separated and waiting for our court date for Domestic Violence and divorce hearing. He has threatened me and then some. He has filed with another lawyer to process his case with the USICS. Iam scared for my life with his threats. What can I do so he can not be approved.

Always call the police if you fear for your safety. Try to record his threats or abuse on a phone/camera if you can do so safely.

If you believe his intentions for marriage are not genuine, you can decline to proceed with his adjustment of status. Inform the USCIS officer what you told us. His lawyer cannot proceed without your approval. Do you believe USCIS suspected something by calling for another interview?

What visa did he enter the US on, and is he paying you to marry him?

Always call the police if you fear for your safety. Try to record his threats or abuse on a phone/camera if you can do so safely.

If you believe his intentions for marriage are not genuine, you can decline to proceed with his adjustment of status. Inform the USCIS officer what you told us. His lawyer cannot proceed without your approval. Do you believe USCIS suspected something by calling for another interview?

What visa did he enter the US on, and is he paying you to marry him?

No I was on vacaction and after 9 months we got married . I did the whole 9 yards. He has a spousal Visa. We were fine for 2 years then things just changed. I was really shocked about the second interview. And he just flipped. Left me home and " "went to NY to work " he said he could not find work .me being stupid believed him came for 2 weeks . Then left again saying his job. Once I received notice for the second interview he flipped . The are requesting more documentation on bank statements and proof of our marriage.
He sent me a text wishing for my death. I fled my home fearing for my safety. I'm at my friends house . He has left back to NY. And told me that he doesn't need me because he has contacted a lawyer to continue with his process. After all this what can I do so he can not get approve

Also curious what visa he entered the US on.

@1AurCitizen , up to what stage can a petitioner withdraw an i864?

I'm not sure about the i864 withdrawal deadline, perhaps uptil the AOS interview? That's when USCIS makes the determination to adjudicate the AOS application, of which the i864 is a legally-binding requirement of.

No I was on vacaction and after 9 months we got married . I did the whole 9 yards. He has a spousal Visa. We were fine for 2 years then things just changed. I was really shocked about the second interview. And he just flipped. Left me home and " "went to NY to work " he said he could not find work .me being stupid believed him came for 2 weeks . Then left again saying his job. Once I received notice for the second interview he flipped . The are requesting more documentation on bank statements and proof of our marriage.
He sent me a text wishing for my death. I fled my home fearing for my safety. I'm at my friends house . He has left back to NY. And told me that he doesn't need me because he has contacted a lawyer to continue with his process. After all this what can I do so he can not get approve

This is confusing! Something doesn't make sense. What is a spousal visa? Were you married overseas, because that's when a spousal visa is issued? In that event, the interview would have been at a US embassy.

If he entered on a K1 fiance visa, you would have been required to have met at least once, and once he entered the US, the marriage should have happened within 90 days of his US entry. It culminates in the AOS process. Or is it ROC?

His ominous text sounds like a warning to stay away from him, and for you to notify law enforcement. It obviously appears that he is not living in marital union with you, and likely not eligible for any immigration benefit resultant from the marriage. His flipping at the sign of another interview has flags written over it.

No I filed an I-864 after we were married. We married in love at least on my side there was. I just to know how to go about this sitiation. He does not deserve to stay here. Can i go to the USIS office and tell them what is going on.

He says that no matter what i do . It wont matter because he has filed alone to adjust his status .to permanant resident . He has been just getting his passport stamped to stay here in the country.

I am confused about his status. Is he doing "Adjustment of Status", the process of getting permanent residency from within the US? Or is he doing "Removal of Conditions", the process for a conditional permanent resident to become a non-conditional permanent resident? Sometimes people incorrectly use the term "permanent resident" to refer to only non-conditional permanent resident, but conditional permanent residents are permanent residents too.

What do you mean by "He has a spousal Visa." "Spousal visa" usually refers to an immigrant visa, and when someone enters the US on an immigrant visa, they automatically become a permanent resident.

@Lawrence1973 please respond to the questions above for us to understand his status and guide you accordingly. Tell us how long you've been married, what exact visa he entered on, and what is he trying to accomplish with USCIS. Your posts are confusing.