Help with H1B transfer

karthick_m

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I wanted to switch job and I filed for fresh H1B in TSC in last year October and it is still pending. I was on L1 at that time. My current company filed H1B Premium (they didn't want to extend my L1) and I got it approved and I have the latest H1B from my current company. So my current status is H1B. The old H1B petition for the other company is still pending and I have the receipt on that case. Can I start working for the other guy with this pending petition or should I wait until I get the H1B in hand? Please advice me ASAP because I'm really running short of time. I was told by my current employer to go back to my Country because they couldn't find a job here in US. I would sincerely appreciate if somebody could advise me what's best I can do.

Thanks much.

Karthik.

Congrates on your renewal.

Kindly advise if u can:

My H1B expires in Oct 2003 I have applied for a renewal receipt date is June-02 checked status online and it say I129 .....did yours say the same or I5...for renewal?

Thanks

karthick: Since it is a new H1, you cannot enjoy portability to join the new company. You will have to go out of USA and get the new visa stamp before joining the new company. However you can file a h1 transfer now with the new company and then join the new company immediately.