HELP! RD/ND:02/00 waiting for I-485 approval and laid off

Tarkan

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 application is in process and I received my EAD last week. I have just been laid off, and will be on company\'s payroll until Sep 21st. My question is how this will affect my I-485 process ? Do I need to find a job right away ? If I don\'t, will my current I-485 application still be valid ? I would really appreciate for your help..

RD/ND:02/00 EB3 Vermont

Thanks...

-Tarkan

My I-485 application is in process and I received my EAD last week. I have just been laid off, and will be on company\'s payroll until Sep 21st. My question is how this will affect my I-485 process ? Do I need to find a job right away ? If I don\'t, will my current I-485 application still be valid ? I would really appreciate for your help..

RD/ND:02/00 EB3 Vermont

Thanks...

-Tarkan

You should be getting your approval any time

You may be getting your approval anytime if your ND is 02/00. On the safer side try to get a job with your EAD and with similar responsibilities. One caution when you go for stamping: Don\'t volunteer too much information about this job change ( They may not ask anything).

No Title

Last time I checked with lawyers, they told me that as long as you
are on payroll it is fine. I think we both work for same company.
If there is way to exchange private information let me know.
I can give you more update.

No Title

What about if someone with similar situation (His 485 had been filed for more than 6 months) but can\'t find a job under current economic condition at the time RFE was issued?

Here\'s th situation...

you need to get a job with "similar" description as mentioned on your approved Labor app. Also, consult an attorney if you "should" inform INS about the job change. The possibilities are:

1. You get approved without RFE/interview. In this case you are in good shape. They do not require much information to stamp your passport, even if you have not landed a job yet you will be fine.

2. You get an RFE for employment letter, paystubs etc. This could be a problem if you do not have a new employer.

3. You get an interview, and this will be a problem as they ask for a lot information/papers including emp.letter etc.

The first thing is to have an attorney on your side. Your company attorney may still work with you - he will get paid by you in case of an RFE.

Good luck!

Thank you all. I will get in touch with the company\'s lawyer.

Let\'s hear what he should say.

Yes I work for Lucent.