help pls! Premium Processing (PP) or POE?

USExpat

Given the status of NAFTA negotiation, words are out Trump wanted agreement in principal by May 18 or else he'll kill it? any intel please or is that possible? if this were to be happening, I'd better rush to POE to get TN stamp before that, right?

Also, how likely will a PP for accountant category get RFE? pretty straightforward case (master degree and a fortune 500 employer) filed by reputable law firm.

Lastly have any of you had experience talking your employer out of the PP option (to do POE instead) though the law firm insists on PP (as it creates more work to them) ? would you mind sharing your key arguments?

Thanks a lot for your input in advance.

Success is not by likelihood or percentage. A good TN letter for a job that matches a TN category, and for which you have the required credentials, will succeed. Otherwise it won't.
The less legal is involved, the better, so I side with the border, especially if living abroad, since you cannot escape the border no matter they you file I-129.

Thanks a lot for your reply, Nelson. One more question pls, is there still a requirement to go to work immediately after the POE interview or can I apply a few weeks beforehand e.g. get TN at POE and return to Canada immediately for preparation of the final move afterwards? What should I say to rebut that requirement? could you kindly advise? Thanks.

Your TN begins on the day you request it at the POE. Thus it is the POE's expectation, from you and your sponsor, that you be "on your way" to work, since, while you may want to return to Canada immediately, you could stay in US, and POE want to avoid the situation where you are in US on TN but not even close to beginning to work. Some POE's (particularly airport PFI's) take that literally, but most allow that it is unreasonable -- for a first time applicant -- to be ready to work the day they approach the border. But it should not be a "few weeks" before you start. Two weeks seems to be the acceptable time. If you say that you will not start before a period longer than that ,they will suggest you come back closer to that starting date.