Help Please!!! what is "Remand issued to Employer" ?

vincentforever

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Gurus:
Please help me with this!!!
What is "Remand issued to Employer"? and What needs to be done to correct the problem?
thanks so much.
Vince

Srini

Hi

I am also in the same boat. My Status at DOL shows as
Current Status : Remand issued to Employer On 02/15/2002.

I am trying to get in touch with my attorney and will post the information I get.

Hi

Did your company had any layoffs ? If yes, then this could be one of the many reasons. The query raised by Labor dept at fed level is called Remand. I got the query at EDD level which is called assessment notice. My co had layoff.

May be we can keep this thread alive to post your progress on the case.

Thanks

initial investigation

Hi,
I did manage to find out something about this darn remand to employer. Basically, the office is questioning the salary. There are two levels for my job description. The company\'s offering wage (which stated on ETA form)is way above the first level and under level II, but my stupid lawyer put in the letter to the labor officer saying that my salary exceeds the salary of level II. I also noticed that the Chicago office messed up my DOT code, they put computer programmer for me whereas I am not and it is correctly listed in the from submitted.
I guess I am just very unlucky.
Hope to hear your stories.
Vinice

Srini

My case is also in Chicago DOL. I didn\'t get any information from my attorney yet regarding the remand. My case also may be having similar problem. One of my colleague who has applied for green card is getting a different salary then me for the same position.

That\'s all for now.