Help-NP renewed two years ago

skyguide

Registered Users (C)
After consulting an immigration lawyer, I renewed my passprot two years ago. Because he told me as long as I stayed in the US, it really doesn't matter. I asked my friend in travel agency renewed it for me.( of course I won't do it by myself). After reading so many postings, I began to worry about the renewal. What can I do?
Any response will be appreciated. Thanks.

RD-10/08/03
FP-05/07/04

skyguide said:
After consulting an immigration lawyer, I renewed my passprot two years ago. Because he told me as long as I stayed in the US, it really doesn't matter. I asked my friend in travel agency renewed it for me.( of course I won't do it by myself). After reading so many postings, I began to worry about the renewal. What can I do?

RD-10/08/03
FP-05/07/04

I had a new NP issued too after I applied for I-485 in 2001, though I didnt trvl outside USA. I got my GC last week. So I dont think you have anything to worry. And yes, your lawyer is right.

skyguide said:

RD-10/08/03
FP-05/07/04
Use RTD and forget about the NP. This is a never ending topic in the board but personally I think not to use renewed NP to travel at least until you get GC....

samoel said:
Use RTD and forget about the NP. This is a never ending topic in the board but personally I think not to use renewed NP to travel at least until you get GC....

Yes I am going to scan/post in about two weeks a BIA decision where the judge was very critical of a person's passport renewal.

Can I renew and use a password AFTER I get my green card ??

Will it effect the citizen application in the future?

hampton8844 said:
Yes I am going to scan/post in about two weeks a BIA decision where the judge was very critical of a person's passport renewal.

You are right, but there is no law against renewing the NP. This is my personal experience.
I didnt have any problem getting my residency. Maybe it was because
I didnt travel outside the USA or for some other reason which I am not aware of. Every individual experience is different. The Judge had the right to be critical, but as long as there is no law against it.....

sal403 said:
You are right, but there is no law against renewing the NP. This is my personal experience.
I didnt have any problem getting my residency. Maybe it was because
I didnt travel outside the USA or for some other reason which I am not aware of. Every individual experience is different. The Judge had the right to be critical, but as long as there is no law against it.....

I would wait until I read the opinion before making conclusions. Not only do judges have the right to be critical, but they also have the right to use someone's misconduct to form the legal basis of revocation of LPR status (of someone who has been here for 14 years).

hampton8844 said:
I would wait until I read the opinion before making conclusions. Not only do judges have the right to be critical, but they also have the right to use someone's misconduct to form the legal basis of revocation of LPR status (of someone who has been here for 14 years).

I fully agree with you. Misconduct, yes, but is renewing the passport considered as a misconduct? if based on just this and no other factors involved, the residency was revoked, then doesnt the person also has the right to appeal? Unless, ofcourse there are more issues involved, like frquent visits to country of origin, or trying to dodge the INS by unfair means or any other criminal acts.

sal403 said:
I fully agree with you. Misconduct, yes, but is renewing the passport considered as a misconduct? if based on just this and no other factors involved, the residency was revoked, then doesnt the person also has the right to appeal? Unless, ofcourse there are more issues involved, like frquent visits to country of origin, or trying to dodge the INS by unfair means or any other criminal acts.
Let's wait for the scan before starting "the beating"...

Chill out

Skyguide: I urge you not to worry about the hoopla created by the fear mongers in this Forum. I am afraid you are suffering from two delusions (believe me, I sincerely am not insulting you):

1. Either you think the INS is so efficient and organized that they will hunt you down for what you have done (which is nothing more than an honest mistake)! [You cannot see me but I am rolling around on the floor in laughter by this thought!]

OR

2. You think you are too important and the INS is following you day and night.

My advice: please chill out and do not be worried by some of the nonsense you hear in this Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is total nonsense. With simple explanation my family members got stamped gc into their RENEWED NPs. My cousin just got citizenship as well.

samird said:
This is total nonsense. With simple explanation my family members got stamped gc into their RENEWED NPs. My cousin just got citizenship as well.

Thank you Samir, that's exactly what i'm trying to say. And another question about the case is 'Why is the person still an LPR after 14 years?' There must be something terribly wrong somewhere.

I am asking the moderator(s) to immediately delete inappropriate messages in this thread.

Thanks.

TortFeasor said:
Skyguide: I urge you not to worry about the hoopla created by the fear mongers in this Forum. I am afraid you are suffering from two delusions (believe me, I sincerely am not insulting you):

1. Either you think the INS is so efficient and organized that they will hunt you down for what you have done (which is nothing more than an honest mistake)! [You cannot see me but I am rolling around on the floor in laughter by this thought!]

OR

My advice: please chill out and do not be worried by some of the nonsense you hear in this Forum.

jw1951 said:
I am asking the moderator(s) to immediately delete inappropriate messages in this thread.

Thanks.

I am joing the above request as personal attacks should not be tolerated.

Calm down, my comrades. :)

What this fellow said here is interesting and true (at least partially). Sometimes we are just worried about too much. We feel that everything we do INS is watching.

Let's have some fun here. Be humorous please. :)

TortFeasor said:

OR

TortFeasor said:

OR

Man you are funny and right poeple realy need to shill out in this forum and you made me rolling arourd on the floor as well by reading your posting :D :D :D :D and I totally agree with you :D

hampton8844 said:

Care to share BIA decision number?

BIA Decision on NP renewal?

hampton8844 said:

So where is that scan you promised???? :confused: