HELP: notice of intent to deny

dipu11

Registered Users (C)
hello friend i gave my interview on may 18. it was a real hard interview as my ao has interviewed me for more than 3 hours and even asked me about my dad's business and my study. my interview was ok. at one point i forgot to tell her the name of the student organization which i had mentioned in my application. on june 16 i received a notice of intent to deny. the letter said that i was unable to clarified 2 of the questions she asked me. i did clarify one of them but the other one i just forgot as she was questioning me so many things. well thats not an excuse but the interview was so much torture as ao seems so angry and unwelcoming. the letter also said that some of the sentences seems to be identical with other applicants. i have no idea how they could blame me for what i did not. they have given me 16 days to write a rebuttal. plz help me what to do in this case and what are the chances of getting approved once u got intent to deny. guys plz help me cause i dont think they are asking me any documents. they just said that i was not consistent during interview. what should i really do? how many people had been approved in this situation( any statistics).

I think you didn't hire a lawyer to attend the interview with you?

Hire one to write the rebuttal, and to be with you in all immigration court procedures.

Good Luck!

hello friend i gave my interview on may 18. it was a real hard interview as my ao has interviewed me for more than 3 hours and even asked me about my dad's business and my study. my interview was ok. at one point i forgot to tell her the name of the student organization which i had mentioned in my application. on june 16 i received a notice of intent to deny. the letter said that i was unable to clarified 2 of the questions she asked me. i did clarify one of them but the other one i just forgot as she was questioning me so many things. well thats not an excuse but the interview was so much torture as ao seems so angry and unwelcoming. the letter also said that some of the sentences seems to be identical with other applicants. i have no idea how they could blame me for what i did not. they have given me 16 days to write a rebuttal. plz help me what to do in this case and what are the chances of getting approved once u got intent to deny. guys plz help me cause i dont think they are asking me any documents. they just said that i was not consistent during interview. what should i really do? how many people had been approved in this situation( any statistics).

you need to hire an experinced asylum lawyer ,

i was denied by the immigration officer, later i was denied by the immigration judge because i renewed my national passport,

i appealed my case to the board of immigration appeals, my case was approved

you need to keep fighting my friend

Hi,

You need to get a good lawyer asap. I think you already wasted a week. Most GOOD lawyers do not want to take the case from half way. Expect to pay more than the price he would ask for from a totally new client because he has to go from whatever you wrote on your application.

After you get a lawyer,remember you need to explain everything to the lawyer. Then only after you two are on the same page, lawyer need to spend good amount of time to write a rebuttal. Bare in mind that good rebuttal could make your application approved at AO level without needing to go to court.

I filed the application by myself too. But when I got NOID, I hired a lawyer the next day. Luckily, I have been using the same lawyer for both me and my wife's H1 visas and H1 transfer. he had to work on my case days and nights including weekends. Even then, I could submit rebuttal on the last 16th day.

Also, even after you submit rebuttal, make sure Asylum office receives it on time and gave to your AO to put it in your application folder. There are many cases where rebuttal are lost somewhere somehow.

good luck...

I hope all this forum's vistors/members see the importance of the lawyer in the asylum application/interview process...

so if you are going to file an asylim application... GET A LAWYER!

thank you very much guys. i will find a lawyer asap. BTW i had a doubt that my AO had misinterpret or misunderstood what i actually was trying to say her. as i m not good in english i had a doubt that she was confused. i had clarified her on one of the subject she asked me but in the notice she mentioned that i was not consistent. anyway do u guys know what is the probability of being approved once u got a notice of intent to deny. i heard there's a rare chance of approval. anyone who had been in this situation or know anything about it. thank you.

thank you very much guys. i will find a lawyer asap. BTW i had a doubt that my AO had misinterpret or misunderstood what i actually was trying to say her. as i m not good in english i had a doubt that she was confused. i had clarified her on one of the subject she asked me but in the notice she mentioned that i was not consistent.

No lawyer, no interpreter... you can't balme the AO

i heard there's a rare chance of approval.

Indeed but no harm in trying

do u guys know any good lawyer here in san francisco. who is really ready for this type of case? thank you.

If possible, I suggest that you hire a lawyer to write the rebuttal. The lawyer may also request additional time to submit the rebuttal which will help . Make sure you tell everything to your lawyer as someone said earlier; it will help a lot with your case.

Keep us posted!

No lawyer, no interpreter... you can't balme the AO

What are you talking about? Not every body can afford a lawyer so If you don't have another help with that case you do NOT have to answer.

also am i eligible to refer the case to the court. i have F-1 status and want to continue my study. if i have to take this case to the court then should i quit my F-1 status ?

What are you talking about? Not every body can afford a lawyer so If you don't have another help with that case you do NOT have to answer.

True, ViaPalermo. Not everyone can afford a lawyer. I too filed my application and did interview without a lawyer/interpeter. I'm also F-1 student and I'm only supported here through graduate assistantship, so I could not afford hiring a lawyer. Perhaps, it's advisable for one to have an interpreter (who could be a friend, at no cost) if one is not fluent in English. First take time to narrate your ordeal to your interpreter ahead of time for the interview.

Good luck to my friend there. (I'm still waiting for decision on my case).

also am i eligible to refer the case to the court. i have F-1 status and want to continue my study. if i have to take this case to the court then should i quit my F-1 status ?

JUST MY 2 CENTS....DO NOT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED....

as far as I know, if you are in valid status, you'll get either approval or denial decision. Then, only when you are out of status, you can request to reopen the file..
If you are out of status by the time you submit rebuttal, you might want to ask your lawyer to put that information in rebuttal and request AO to send you to court if he still can not approve your case with rebuttal...

but the main thing is you have to ask all these things from a experienced lawyer...do NOT just believe in anything here (including mine :D)...just take these as ideas/opinion...you need to know what's your priority, let your lawyer know about it..and decide on your own what you want to do based on all the information you have....

you don't expect everything from the AO if you don't help him, you are the one who is asking for asylum, not that it is being offered to you.
if you have bad English without an interpreter and a case that has not been reviewed by a lawyer... then don't blame the AO

making Dipu11 realize this fact is a big help to him too, but looks like you didn't see it this way, you just like to attack and argue.

plus you are the one who is not being helpful, you only repeated my first advice to him "get a lawyer"... be creative man

also if he can't afford a lawyer "like you are expecting", why are you advicing him now to hire one? it will cost him triple what he would have paid in the begining...funny contradiction :D

and to be helpful again... if Dipu11 can't afford a lawyer, he can look for Pro Bono
http://www.abanet.org/legalservices/probono/directory/california.html
http://www.humanrightsfirst.org/asylum/probono/probono.htm
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...cisco+asylum&lr=lang_ar|lang_en&aq=f&oq=&aqi=