Help needed, Urgent!

FTMS

My labor certification got approved in EB3.(minimum requirement for my job position: BS with 3 months experience). I filed my I-140 on January 4, and the RD is 1/7/02. Recently I received the receipt notice from INS though my lawyer. It was typed like this: "Section: Mem of Profession w/Adv Deg. or of Exceptn\'l ability sec.203 (b)(2)." How does this happen? Did my lawyer make a mistake on the I-140 form? By the way, I do have a master degree.

Thank you very much.

!!! Help Gurus !!!

1. What docs are needed for I-140
2. How does one specify that he/she need to go CP route
3. Where do u specify counsulate for CP
4. What are adv. & disavantages of going thru CP route
5. How much time is it taking currently for I-140 in Nebraska.

Thanks in Advance

Help Gurus

Hello Rahul07:
The Documents required for I-140 are a check of $ 135 payable to the INS, Your Company\'s Financial Statement and Last two years of beneficiary\'s W-2 forms, these are in edition to your paperwork which you must have submitted with your lawyer at the Labor Cert. stage.

You have to specify at the I-140 stage whether you want CP or AOS. If you were out of status at any point of time, if any misrepresentations have been made by the applicant and the experience is hard to verify than C P is not appropriate.
Adv. For CP it takes much less time as compared to AOS.
Disadv. Will have to make a short trip to the home country.
You need to specify the consulate in the Forms.

I hope this helps.

Disclaimer:
The writer of this message is not a lawyer and this message is not meant to be legal advice. Before relying on this information, you must consult a lawyer on the facts of your specific case. The Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this information.

Help Needed

Hi Friends,
  I desperately need help !!!! Here is the situation.
  I used to work for company "A" on H1 as hourly and applied Labour
and before My labour got cleared , I came to bench with out pay (they didn\'t revoked my H1) and i joined Company \'B\' on TN visa (as I became canadian) .Company "A" doesn\'t know that i joined other company . mean while my labour got cleared and they applied for I 140 for CP in Canada. I-140 will be cleared in 3 weeks .
what should i do ,should i go for CP or 485 ? should i Inform Company A that iam working for Company \'B\' ? will it be problem as iam on TN ?
I appreciate any suggestions or past experiences . Please Help me

Thanks a lot
Neha!!!

Shivane Sharma, please details for CP

Dear Shivane Sharma,

Please explain about CP. Where I specify about CP in I-140 ? I work in US on L1 and I hope my employer will file I-140. What exactly involves CP. When I will need to go to my country? Do I need AP? For how long - only for interviw or will need to wait for more? What about FP and medical - here or in my country?
I am asking because I can not stay to long in my country (may be 1-2 weeks). What about my wife nad my son ?

Please advice.

Thank you very much

I-140 Experience letters

Hi,
I am in the process of collecting the experience letters from my former colleagues for my I-140,some of them whom I have worked previously are not comfortable giving me the letter on their employer\'s business stationary.
Please advice if the experience letters necessarily have to be on the letterhead of their company or plain paper be fine too.
Although my lawyer is asking me to get the letters on the company\'s letter head only.

Please advice me know,thanks.

I-140 Experience letters

Hi,
I am in the process of collecting the experience letters from my former colleagues for my I-140,some of them whom I have worked previously are not comfortable giving me the letter on their employer\'s business stationary.
Please advice if the experience letters necessarily have to be on the letterhead of their company or plain paper be fine too.
Although my lawyer is asking me to get the letters on the company\'s letter head only.

Please advice me know,thanks.