Help Needed Please!

prman

Registered Users (C)
I have a friend who is in US now on B1 last week. He also have his H1b Approved in the last year Quota. Now he want to change his status from B1 to H1b. He has consulted his company lawyer and his lawyer said, we have to wait atleast for 30 days before applying for change of status, Because B1 is not dual intend.
~ IS THIS TRUE?
~ Does he really have to wait to change of status?
~ Does anyone, who has gone thru this process?
~ Are there any other options?

Really appreciate any help.

I have a friend who is in US now on B1 last week. He also have his H1b Approved in the last year Quota. Now he want to change his status from B1 to H1b. He has consulted his company lawyer and his lawyer said, we have to wait atleast for 30 days before applying for change of status,

Because B1 is not dual intend.
~ IS THIS TRUE?
----------------------True
~ Does he really have to wait to change of status?
----------------- He came on B1 and cant work on B1
~ Does anyone, who has gone thru this process?
~ Are there any other options?
------------------ If his H1 employer has job for him then he should go out of US, get H1 visa stamp and enter on H1 status.
Really appreciate any help.
----------------

Thanks Ginnu

And also I would like to share this info with the forum that a unusual thing happened at the Port of Entry (Chicago). The Officer did not put the Expiration stamp on the I-94 and just put the entry stamp. When asked the Officer about it, The Officer said now they are not putting the expiration stamps on B1 (Who has been in and out of the Country for couple of times) and can stay as long as they want up to a max of 1 year.

----------------

And also I would like to share this info with the forum that a unusual thing happened at the Port of Entry (Chicago). The Officer did not put the Expiration stamp on the I-94 and just put the entry stamp. When asked the Officer about it, The Officer said now they are not putting the expiration stamps on B1 (Who has been in and out of the Country for couple of times) and can stay as long as they want up to a max of 1 year.

This is news to me. what does the stamp on passport says?

This is news to me. what does the stamp on passport says?

No Expiration stamp, Only entry stamp, I have contacted with my lawyer about this and he has found it out at various POE's about the rule and said there is no such rule. He Suggested the applicant for CBP Differred Inspection.