Help needed - 485 and 765 - Urgent!

sureshbadu

Hi,

I got my GC last August. My wife's 485 (applied along with me) was denied saying that they did not receive the RFE documents(proof of marriage affidavits). But we had sent the documents on time. Lawyers have the proof and receipt. We filed for Motion To Reopen in Feb for which there is no update yet. When asked, my lawyers are saying it will take from 2 to 12 months for this type of case, so we have to just wait. The online status for my wife's 485 shows as denied!

Now, the second problem....Her EAD is expiring on 9/12. We applied for renewal (Texas) on July 12th, but no updates yet. She is working currently.

My questions are...
1. Has anyone had this type of denial? Has anyone got any update for this type of MTR? What was the outcome?
2. Regarding her EAD, can we try for an info pass interview (it is not yet 60 days)? Has anyone got the interim EAD recently?
3. Can she continue working even if she doesn't get her EAD on time?

Any kind of advice/response would be helpful....so please respond.

Thanks,
SR

Hi,

I got my GC last August. My wife's 485 (applied along with me) was denied saying that they did not receive the RFE documents(proof of marriage affidavits). But we had sent the documents on time. Lawyers have the proof and receipt. We filed for Motion To Reopen in Feb for which there is no update yet. When asked, my lawyers are saying it will take from 2 to 12 months for this type of case, so we have to just wait. The online status for my wife's 485 shows as denied!

Now, the second problem....Her EAD is expiring on 9/12. We applied for renewal (Texas) on July 12th, but no updates yet. She is working currently.

My questions are...
1. Has anyone had this type of denial? Has anyone got any update for this type of MTR? What was the outcome?
2. Regarding her EAD, can we try for an info pass interview (it is not yet 60 days)? Has anyone got the interim EAD recently?
3. Can she continue working even if she doesn't get her EAD on time?

Any kind of advice/response would be helpful....so please respond.

Thanks,
SR

She could continue working even without recieving EAD approval but that will be considered as illigal employment as per my understanding through different uscis documents.
as long as illigal work days is not more than 180 days they should not have issue @ the time of I-485 approval.

but there is very thin line here...please talk to your lawyer for expert answer.

Read My Experience

My Wife I-485 Denied too and every thing become straight with in 2 weeks - With Local Congress men help.