Help !! my g/f is from Thailand! 4

sperez

my G/F that is from Thailand...
she came over here using someone else's passport about 12 years ago...:eek:
she has no paperwork at all... no ID no nothing.

we want to get married somehow... is this possible with no papers?
I was planning on talking to a lawyer after we get married to get her green card, but getting married is the first step and everyone says its not possible..is this true?:confused:

Is gonna be hard if she has no prove that she entered the country legally. She commited fraud.. you need a lawyer.

ya no kidding...8(

I know i need a lawyer....
that's why i came looking for a forum where some lawyers post for immigration...

I just wanted to know if there is anything that can be done with a lawyer before i spend the money.

I was told by a friend of mine and by looking around on the net, that it is impossible to get anything done... in other-words she would need to go back to Thailand with me, we then would get married there and then wait the 10 years that it would require for the green card for her to be able to return.

Is this true, or would a good lawyer be able to help us get married here in the states? I just don't want her to be deported...8( it scares me to death..

From the title, I thought you needed help with your thai gf, like you needed help to break the relationship or something :p

I just wanted to know if there is anything that can be done with a lawyer before i spend the money.

Illegally present, and admitted via fraudulent means? You can try a consultation, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If someone tells you there's no problem, get a second opinion.

my G/F that is from Thailand...
she came over here using someone else's passport about 12 years ago...:eek:
she has no paperwork at all... no ID no nothing.

we want to get married somehow... is this possible with no papers?
I was planning on talking to a lawyer after we get married to get her green card, but getting married is the first step and everyone says its not possible..is this true?:confused:

Actually, getting married is the easiest part! Every state has its own requirements for getting married. A few states have common law marriages and some recognize marriages by certain religious groups without a license. Some states have different requirements for marriage licenses. For instance, in South Caroline, identification may only be required for spouses under the age of 25. http://www.polkcountyclerk.net/Departments/County_Civil/mlfaq.aspx

But good luck getting a green card. The illegal presence is a 10-year bar, but entering on a fraudulent passport is good chance of a lifetime ban. Even if she had a way to get her papers in order, which she probably can't, she will be asked multiple times if she has ever lied to gain an immigration benefit or fraudulently entered the country, and will have to disclose doing so and being illegally present for 12 years, and the best lawyer in the world is going to be hard-pressed to do more than delay her deportation.

If you want to live happily ever after you better plan on moving to Thailand. The weather, food and beaches are great there.

Dude,

Your GF will never be able to get a greencard in this country ever...;) As it has been mentioned, she entered the country illegally under someone else's passport and likeness, which are prohibited by laws of this country or any other country for that matter...:rolleyes:

If you don't want her to be deported, get married here and get on the next plane to Thailand. :) However, before you get married...hmmm is she going to marry you as what? Her real name or fake passport name she used to enter 12 years ago? :confused: What is her real name? How can you be sure that is her real name? If any lawyer tells you he/she can get her the greencard under the real name, run away from that lawyer's office and act as if he/she threatened to rip your nuts off...:eek: Some lawyers will do anything for money, including taking your money and offering you nothing in return, except ICE agents taking your GF on a chilly winter morning, leaving your bedsheet extremely wet from your tears...:D:D It is possible she faces a permanent bar in the US...:(

Dude,

Your GF will never be able to get a greencard in this country ever...;) As it has been mentioned, she entered the country illegally under someone else's passport and likeness, which are prohibited by laws of this country or any other country for that matter...:rolleyes:

If you don't want her to be deported, get married here and get on the next plane to Thailand. :) However, before you get married...hmmm is she going to marry you as what? Her real name or fake passport name she used to enter 12 years ago? :confused: What is her real name? How can you be sure that is her real name? If any lawyer tells you he/she can get her the greencard under the real name, run away from that lawyer's office and act as if he/she threatened to rip your nuts off...:eek: Some lawyers will do anything for money, including taking your money and offering you nothing in return, except ICE agents taking your GF on a chilly winter morning, leaving your bedsheet extremely wet from your tears...:D:D It is possible she faces a permanent bar in the US...:(

Al Southner, that's why I love reading your posts.... you always sharp as a RAZOR !!!

Because she entered the US fraudulently, that is not considered to be "entering with inspection", so she will not be eligible to apply for a green card here.

If you want any hope of her staying in the US legally, she will have to find a way to return to Thailand, then get a legitimate passport of her own to return legally. If her family can locate her birth certificate and other identifying documents from Thailand, that might enable her to obtain a Thai passport or at least a temporary travel document from the Thai consulate in New York that would enable her to fly back to Thailand.

But then she also has to worry about getting a waiver for the 10-year bar to entry, or waiting out the 10 years. There is nearly zero hope of her getting a green card anytime in the next 10 years.

Was she a child when she entered with that passport?

I have a lady whom I would like to marry also in thailand. I have 4 questions.
First some background. I am a disabled man, a 20hour flight would be very hard on me. In addition the rules for sponsor ship. I am a home owner. I found a rule stating that any support she may recieve here I would have to reimburse. Can I loose my home over this issue? as I am on ssdi. Would a prenuptial agreement help at all in this case?
Under hardship and ada rules. Can she come here? Without us having met.
Finally for the moment. Does washington state reconise marriage in countries: Brazil, or el Salvador. As they seam to allow proxy marrage?