Help!! - Multiple Entry Problems

kerry

Hi. I hope someone can help me...........

I have a B-2 visa which is tied into my boyfriends L-1 visa. Both are for 3 year durations. For the last 2 years i have visited the US for 6 months, then left to go back to my home country for 2-4 weeks before returning to the US again for 6 months. Last time I re-entered, the immigration officer at LAX told me I was breaking the law doing this and was going to deport me. He changed his mind and let me stay for 3 months but said not to try and re-enter again. I have all relevant ties back in my home country, i.e. a house, bank accounts etc. and have never overstayed my welcome.
Since this happened we have contacted the INS in Los Angeles and at LAX and they both said the officer was wrong and it should not have happened. Can anyone help me? I am terrified to try and return into the US next time even though these people say I should have no problem.

Is there any law? If not, what am I doing wrong????

Last edited by a moderator:
kerry ,

The officer at poe must have thought that you have an intent to become an immigrant ... because you have returned to usa within a span of 2-4 weeks...
He can deny your entry if he thinks that you might immigrate.

Meow