***help Me Pleaseee....***

vioxx

Registered Users (C)
Hello!I just want to ask regarding the filing of EAD and how long does it take in VSC? Im under I-130(Petition for Alien Relative) and I filed mine in VSC and my lawyer already got the receipt (small, thin yellow slip) last July,18,2002 (this was the date marked on the receipt). And until now October 27,2002, me and my lawyer haven't heard from the INS. My lawyer told me to go down the INS and ask for the EAD but say there are no guarantees that they can issue it (50-50 chances). What do you think should I do? They might denied me if I go to INS would they? Im so confused and depressed. I hope someone could respond.Please, please,please!! Thanks!

Sincerely,
vioxx

I'd say go to INS and get the interim EAD. From my experience the chance of denial is far lower than 50/50 and even if it is denied you are not in any worse situation than you are right now.

Of course, there could be other reason why your attorney does not want you to go marching in to an INS district office and bringing yourself to their attention.