1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help keeping my GF from China in the USA

Discussion in 'General J Visa and Related Issues' started by HawkOne, Sep 1, 2016.

  1. HawkOne

    HawkOne New Member


    I met my current GF in NYC while she is here from China as an au pair on a J-1 Visa. We have been together for over a year and are in love. She is here legally but her 2 years is up in January. What are the options and processes for her to stay in the USA with me? I don’t think we are ready to get married but we are open to that if that is the only way. Are there work visa’s or student visa’s she could get?

    She is here legally and in very good standing with her host family. I read something about an "adjustment of status" (using USCIS Form I-485) but it was complicated and hard to understand.

    Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.


Share This Page