Help: Job Description for 'Comp. Programmer - Level 4'

WellWisher007

Registered Users (C)
I need a job Description for "15-1021/Comp. Programmer - Level 4" to be categorized for EB2.

My attorney did a couple of requests for Prevailing wage based on a certain description and both the times, the job title/description given back by SWA was for '15-1031/Computer Software engg, Applications".

The reason that I need me categorized as 15-1021/Computer Programmers is becuase the level 4 Prevailing wage for Computer Programmers is 3 to 5K less than Computer Software engg, applications.

please help with appropriate job description. what is the trick to be categorized as 'Computer Prgorammer' and not 'Computer Sofrware Engg, Applications'?

Swa figures

Hi WellWisher,
I am also in process to start my LC application. It would be helpful if you can share the figures given by SWA for '15-1031/Computer Software engg, Applications' and '15-1021/Computer Programmers'.

Thanks
Saurav

PW figures differ depending on state/county

There is no straight-forward answer to your query, becuase the PW that I got for my state/county will differ from the state/county your company belongs to. I recommend you to do the following:
1) Go to www.flcdatacenter.com
2) Click on "FLC Wage Search Wizard" under "Online Wage Library" section
3) Choose "State" where your company belongs
4) Choose Data Source as "2006 CY All Industries Database"
5) Choose the county where your company belongs
6) Select '15-1031/Computer Software engg, Applications' for the prevailing wage for the 4 different levels. Normally Level 3 and Level 4 will hold for Eb2 and Level 1 and Level 2 will hold for EB3 process
7) Hit the back button on the browser; select '15-1021/Computer Programmers'

Hope the above helps answer your question. Good Luck!!

Saurav_4096 said:
Hi WellWisher,
I am also in process to start my LC application. It would be helpful if you can share the figures given by SWA for '15-1031/Computer Software engg, Applications' and '15-1021/Computer Programmers'.

Thanks
Saurav

WellWisher007 said:
There is no straight-forward answer to your query, becuase the PW that I got for my state/county will differ from the state/county your company belongs to. I recommend you to do the following:
1) Go to www.flcdatacenter.com
2) Click on "FLC Wage Search Wizard" under "Online Wage Library" section
3) Choose "State" where your company belongs
4) Choose Data Source as "2006 CY All Industries Database"
5) Choose the county where your company belongs
6) Select '15-1031/Computer Software engg, Applications' for the prevailing wage for the 4 different levels. Normally Level 3 and Level 4 will hold for Eb2 and Level 1 and Level 2 will hold for EB3 process
7) Hit the back button on the browser; select '15-1021/Computer Programmers'

Hope the above helps answer your question. Good Luck!!

Hi WellWisher,
Thanks for your response. It is helpful for for answers I am looking for.

How does SWA come up with the particular wage number ? as there is quite a variation in levels say level3 and level4 ?

Saurav

It is subjective and may differ from SWA to SWA. The SWAs have a certain set of guidelines to determine the levels based on job description, experience, education etc. and then it is left to the SWA to interpret the job description/title/education/experiece requirement provided by the employer to arrive at a job title/salary based on O.Net specifications.

What the above means is that the same job description may be categorized as a 'Level 4/Computer Programmer' by Florida SWA and may be categorized as a 'Level 3/Software Engineering Applications', although you would expect that both the SWAs should come up with a consistent job title/prevailing wage.

The above is one of the many reasons that USCIS is undergoing a consolidation of functions to ensure consistency.

Saurav_4096 said:
Hi WellWisher,
Thanks for your response. It is helpful for for answers I am looking for.

How does SWA come up with the particular wage number ? as there is quite a variation in levels say level3 and level4 ?

Saurav

Thanks

WellWisher007 said:
It is subjective and may differ from SWA to SWA. The SWAs have a certain set of guidelines to determine the levels based on job description, experience, education etc. and then it is left to the SWA to interpret the job description/title/education/experiece requirement provided by the employer to arrive at a job title/salary based on O.Net specifications.

What the above means is that the same job description may be categorized as a 'Level 4/Computer Programmer' by Florida SWA and may be categorized as a 'Level 3/Software Engineering Applications', although you would expect that both the SWAs should come up with a consistent job title/prevailing wage.

The above is one of the many reasons that USCIS is undergoing a consolidation of functions to ensure consistency.

Thanks again for your reply.