Help in H1B renewal

little_cat

Registered Users (C)
My H1B (the first three years) will be expired in March, 2007, and I need to renew for another three years. I got several questions need your help:
1) what kind of documents do I need to prepare?
2) Do I still need to do LCA?
3) We have submitted I-485 and my husband will apply for EAD soon. If he holds EAD, can he still renew his H4?

Thank you for your time and help!!

1. Your company lawyer will tell you what docs you need for H1b renewal. My company lawyer told me couple of latest pay stubs, they prepared own employment verification letter etc. but that was almost 3 years ago. Also filled out form for H1 renewal.
2. I did not do LCA.
3. As soon as you get your ead he cant be on H4. As well as getting the EAD ceases your status as dependent.
Hope this helps.

little_cat said:
My H1B (the first three years) will be expired in March, 2007, and I need to renew for another three years. I got several questions need your help:
1) what kind of documents do I need to prepare?
2) Do I still need to do LCA?
3) We have submitted I-485 and my husband will apply for EAD soon. If he holds EAD, can he still renew his H4?

Thank you for your time and help!!

thank you for your help, mmdongare

I will ask my employer on the documents. Many thanks. For your third comments:
3. As soon as you get your ead he cant be on H4. As well as getting the EAD ceases your status as dependent.

I am the one that will renew H1B and I don't have an EAD. My husband is going to apply an EAD. So your comment was that if he gets his EAD, then he would not be regarded as dependent any more, i.e he can not renew his H4. Instead, he has to renew his EAD from year to year. Am I right? Thank you.

No, obtaining EAD does not do anything to your status.
The case dependent H4 loses non-immigrrant H status is when either of primary H1 or dependent H4 used EAD to work. Otherwise, H1/H4 status remains valid.

Last edited by a moderator: