HELP - I-140 appeal

jam007

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I filed my I-140/485 concurrently two years ago and got I-140 denied at Jan 2, 2005 due to company poor revenue. I filed appeal to BCIS at Jan 30, 2005. Last week I got an e-mail from USCIS enclosed below. Today I called my lawyer and was told this e-mail means my I-140 approved and now USCIS is processing 485 so it will take 90 to 485 days. Is my lawyer understanding correct? Why it lists Application Type as I140 in USCIS' e-mail?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. E-ail from USCIS:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***
The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: EACxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I140 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status:

On January 9, 2006, this case was reopened on a BCIS motion, and the case is now in process. It is taking between 90 and 485 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

He is correct. It means your 485 is processing and you got app. for 140.
Congra.

have a good day.

jam007 said:
Hi,

I filed my I-140/485 concurrently two years ago and got I-140 denied at Jan 2, 2005 due to company poor revenue. I filed appeal to BCIS at Jan 30, 2005. Last week I got an e-mail from USCIS enclosed below. Today I called my lawyer and was told this e-mail means my I-140 approved and now USCIS is processing 485 so it will take 90 to 485 days. Is my lawyer understanding correct? Why it lists Application Type as I140 in USCIS' e-mail?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. E-ail from USCIS:

Current Status:

On January 9, 2006, this case was reopened on a BCIS motion, and the case is now in process. It is taking between 90 and 485 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice that you received from the USCIS.

Sincerely,

jam007 said:
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

P.S. E-ail from USCIS:

Current Status:

Sincerely,

Hi, Was your case sent to the Administrative Appeals Office or handled at the service center ?

My appeal was sent to AAO last week and i am wondering how long it will take

I-140 appeal

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I have another question:
1. I have changed the lawyer for my I-140 appeal. Does USCIS contact my new lawyer or old one who filed I-140/485?
2. My mailing address changed. How can I inform USCIS to send mail to my new address? Is sending Form AR-11 to USCIS enough?

My lawyer told me the appeal was sent to BICS