Help: How many forms needed?

gousa

Registered Users (C)
In the 1st paragraph of the checklist \'IMMIGRANT APPLICATION FORM\', it states \'Please submit three forms for each person 18 or over. ...\'. Sounds like 3 forms are needed for each person. can somebody tell me first, is it true? and if so, are they must all be original or one original with the 2 copies. Thank you.

I sent 3 form signed

I had the same doubt; just to be on safe side I sent 3 forms signed not copies. If anybody has any experience in this please post details. Thanks

I too had this confusion. I hand-filled out three identical applications.

Maybe this was redundant, but I know my appl. did not have any problem because I got a letter stating that the initial assesment has been done and I need to get police certificate.

No need to supply three copies

When you have any dependents and your are processing for them along with you , you have to fill the forms 1,3,4 (numbers are the pagenumbers of the application form) seperately, you dont have to submit three sets of same form, they never asked for three set of forms, they are requesting three forms for all the dependents over 18 years.

send without police certificate?

Hi gkp, are you saying that they have evaluated your application but just request police cert for a final decision? or they are waiting for the police cert to start the evaluation process?

Initial assesment.

All I am saying is, I got a letter stating that my initial assesment has been completed at Buffalo and at this point the only thing they need from me is to obtain the police/FBI certificate.
Now whether they are going to use this to start my evaluation process or whether this is the final step (excluding medicals ofcourse), I have the faintest clue to that.
One other thing that was also mentioned in the letter was, at this point they dont see a need for an interview but at a later point they could change their mind and call me for the same.
Since I am applying on my own, I am not sure what all this means.
Sorry if I could not provide you an answer.
If any one else has a clue, please post.
thanks

Your strory

HI GKP,
Could you please tell us when you sent the application? Did you send it to Buffalo? After how many weeks did you get their letter? Do they say something about the medical ?
At least now you know you will not have to have an interview. How many points did you make in the self assessment?
Thanks and good luck

Sent application to Buffalo on April 15

Currently I have only been asked to provide the FBI certificate. They had also included some info related to medicals like list of doctor\'s, but have told me not to go for medicals yet.
This could be because medicals are valid for 1 year and there is no point in going for it right now.
Got 80 points on the self-assesment

Waiting for police cert, send it or keep waiting ?

I sent finger print card to FBI a week ago. Does anybody know how long it gonna take nowadays? Also, does it do any good/harm to send it w/o the police cert now and follow up when it comes?

Police certificate

I got the letter asking for FBI certificate on Oct 10, 2001. Sent application on April 15, 2001. I have been given 3 months from Oct 10 to submit the FBI certificate.
I feel there is no issue in sending the appl. without the FBI. Consulate will send a letter asking for it.