---- Help Got an RFE for renewal EAD now need to go for iEAD -----

nisrit72

Registered Users (C)
---- Help Got RFE for renewal EAD now need to go for iEAD -----

Hello All,

I applied for my renewal EAD around 90 Days back.
Now around 7 days back I got a RFE for my EAD asking me to send photographs again (Which I did ).
Now I am planning to go to Local Office on 13th( i.e coming Monday )
to apply for Interim EAD.

I would like to know if RFE would create any problems for issueing iEAD.

Will they come back and say that since there was a RFE I need to wait
for another 90 days for USCIS to adjudicate and if they fail then only I can
apply for iEAD.

did anybody had a similar situation and were denied or issued iEAD.

Any answers are appreciated.

Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
hey how're you doing buddy..? I believe they'll issue an IEAD if they've received the pictures and your status has been updated to reflect that fact. So goodluck and hope everything turns out well for you. By the way, do you by any chance know what the NOA says when one applies for a renewal EAD?....my friend just applied to renew her EAD, and on the I-797C it doesn't say anything about renewal EAD; it only says "I-765-Application for Employment Authorization." Is that right or a mistake was made. Thanks.

Thanks, I called up USCIS 1-800 number and they said They can issue iEAD, but counting of 90 days stops when RFE was issued and continues when response was
received. In my case it was around 8 days for the total turnaround so I need to wait
98 days before I can apply iEAD.

I also asked if this is the common policy across the Local Offices and she said Yes.

I will still go on 13th and see what happens.

Only problem is If I do not get on 13th and I need new infopass appointment, I am
not sure if I will get before my EAD expires.

Lets see

hey, do you by any chance know what the NOA says when one applies for a renewal EAD?....my friend just applied to renew her EAD, and on the I-797C it doesn't say anything about renewal EAD; it only says "I-765-Application for Employment Authorization." Is that right or a mistake was made. Thanks.

RFE on EAD

I have got a RFE on EAD too. I replied the RFE on Jun 6th. Normally how long do they take to process EAD after receiving the RFE.
What are my other options , can I go to local office. Where should I make an appointment. I Live in Newyork, which Local office should I go to.
Any Suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, I went today to Baltimore local office and got iEAD, They only asked me to see
the RFE notice, existing EAD, NOA for EAD ( Renewal EAD which is pending and for which I got RFE).
Did not ask any questions.
RFE was for photographs.

Hi

Thanks a lot for your reply. Am I eligible for getting iEAD for I got an RFE for the Photos. I sent side facing instead of front facing.
Here is my Info
EAD RD : 03/19/05
EAD ND : 03/22/05

RFE ND : 05/27/05
RFE RD : 06/06/05

Can you please let me know when I can get iEAD and/or I am eligible for iEAD. I called the cusotmer service and they said since there is a RFE , I am not eligible for iEAD. Your help is very much appreciated

Thanks a lot.

Here is the version from Customer Service Rep from 1-800.

Your EAD is on hold till you have send the response and USCIS has acknowledge your response. so on the web site you should see the message stating that the "We have received your Blah.. Blah.. Blah.. and processing has resumed"

Once this is there you are suppose to count total number of days from RFE issue date to acknowledge data and subtract them from receipt date of EAD. This number should be more than 90 to be elligible for iEAD.

In my case I went 5 days before this and they did give me iEAD. So you never know.

Interim EAD

I went to the local office to apply for iEAD. The officer in the local office said that they cannot issue iEAD for there is an RFE on my EAD renewal application.

The RFE was for photos.