Help : Expecting Packet3; company got acquired!!

ckvimal

Registered Users (C)
Hi.
Expecting Packet3 from NVC anytime. Meanwhile, company got acquired, taxid changed, and company name changed to buyer\'s name. What should i do?
Do i have to notify NVC/INS?
Do I have to amend I-140?
Any supporting documentation required during CP interview?

Thanks..

Abu Can you pls ans

I have my interview on Feb 20 at Chennai. Attorney has not
yet applied for amended 140 but says will do before i leave
and give me a copy of the amendment application. Also will
get an emp letter saying about the acquisition. will this help.
or do i have to wait for the amendment.

No Title

In theory, not all cases absolutely require amended I140, but safe method is to get one.
Recently, one person was delayed because of this while consulate waited to get clarifications on his case. I don\'t know how (and if) this has ended (If anyone knows, please share it with us).

I don\'t know if receipt is safe enough. Get second opinion before you leave.

Best bet would be if you cud wait till u get your Amended I-140 Done.

My case . my company name changed ,Tax ID same .... so the lawyer said amended not needed though i made sure he applied and get the approval before i leave. I have my interview on 02/25 .

Since we also saw one case in mumbai getting stranded unnecessary ly while the candiate wait for clarification.

If possible postpone it by couple of months. I think you can get the I-140 done in 2 months.

No Title

I just got the IV issued with two company mergers involved, labor done by company A, I140 by company B and employment letter by company C. The important thing was my job location & duties remained the same. The amended I140 got RFE requesting more merger details like assets purchase agreement and re-execution of ETA 750, so I ditched it and went for the interview.

Start filing your amended I140, which is anyway a new I140 eventhough it is for M&A update. If it gets approved before the interview then you made it. Otherwise print the copy of form S-4 filed by your company regarding the merger with SEC. You can get it online from SEC website edgar online service. That will have certificate of merger, assets treatment etc etc, because you don\'t know what the officer will ask regarding the merger. On your printout put the SEC government logo in color so that it looks authoritative. In addition take your regular press release regarding the merger and other memo.

In your offer letter add a line reaffirming the job contents in form I140 filed by company A, which later merged with company B

Now you are at the mercy of the interviewing officer, But you have lots of evidence to satisfy him. If you don\'t have approved amended I140 don\'t mention it during the interview. Otherwise it is too easy for him to say \'okay..let\'s wait for the approval then or come back after approval\'.

If your job location and duties are the same you the should be fine.

good luck

naja! this form only gives some 1996b data for my company and that too about only merger i guess. My

No Title

Search for the form S-4 filed by that big company for the year 2001. S-4 is filed by the buyer.

my company changed names in last 6 months

and not only that they even changed the tax id should i file for i140 ammendment or should i go ahead with CP processing? i am expecting packet 3 anytime now. please advise

No Title

Hi

You need to have an approved amended I-140 from the mergered new compnay.It is not safe to go without that.I am in the same boat.One of my collegue is stuck in India till now had interview in Dec.
My interview is in Feb but am waiting for new company I-140.

I am also in a similar situation...

My H1B was sponsored by subsidiary A of XYZ group & later all computer professionals are made part of a new subsidiary B of XYZ group. Current H1B visa on my passport is with subsidiary A name. And the whole green card process has been with subsidiary B. My attorney says as per the INS rules, there is no need of a new H1B or H1B amendment. He says all I need is a letter from B saying they accept all promises made by A. I am planning to take this letter & employment letter from B to CP interview. Please share your experiences and/or thoughts on this. Thanks.