Help, Emergency AP at Chicago District

indogate

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My ND from NSC for the AP is 10/28/02. Receipt shows 140-170 days.
I need to go back home for my wedding ceremony on 12/20/02.

I'm afraid the AP will not come through by then. I'm thinking to request emergency AP from Chicago local office, but the Chicago INS website says:
NOTE: Applicants who have a pending employment-based I-485 must request Advance Parole from the Lincoln Nebraska Service Center where such applications are processed.

Can I still request the emergency AP from Chicago office (it could be granted in less than 30 days)?
Is there anyway to expedite AP filed at NSC?

Problem is my H1B expires 12/01/02 and the extension is still pending...
Any suggestion is appreciated.

thanks a lot.

Try for emergency AP, and if it doesn't work, do PP on H1-B extension to get it before you have to leave (takes 15 days). It is $1000 though.

40 days for AP in NSC

If you check the AP tracking thread for NSC, it takes about 40-45 days even though your receipt says taking 140 days.

You could try to apply AP in Chicago local INS office only if you have strong reason to do so. To my knowledge, it has to be like death, life threatoning issues. It depends on the INS officer to use the rule. If you decide to go for emercency AP, you must go there every early to get a queue number. The process does not cost you anything.

Can come in person?

Hi c4naperville,

Thanks for replying. I thought Chicago no longer accept emergency AP by person. I have to mail the package to their office. Also I'm not sure if I can since the Chicago district website specifies that employment based 485 can only apply AP from Nebraska now.

thx.