Help...Case Transfered to local INS

prk2502

Folks,
I just heard the automated message mention that my wife\'s and my 485 has been transferred to local INS office. Does anybody know why would they do that? Also, what does that mean and what are the implications? How long will my process be delayed? I\'m so freaking pissed...I\'ve been waiting since 1997.

BTW, my info:

NSC
RD/ND- OCT/NOV 2000

Any comments will be more that appreciated.

Raj

NEED NOT TO WORRY FOR TRANSFER TO A LOCAL INS OFFICE

Hello RAJ, I just saw your posting here regarding your case transferred to a local INS office, out of curiosity can U share your details if it is ok with U, 1. On what kind of VISA U came to USA when U first entered USA. Is it H1, F1 or B1 visa?? 2. My advise would be pl take your attorney with U on the day of interview at LOCAL INS OFFICE. U will be more comfortable with your attorney behind U. This will help U Psychologically.

Your in put is appreciated.
Thanks, RAMUKESI

I came to US on F1

I have never been out of status. I didn\'t get any RFE\'s or my FP was rejected. The message says that "Your case has been transferred to the local INS office and that you will be notified once a decision has been made"?

The message is confusing - does it mean I will not have an interview or will I?

RAJ DO NOT WORRY BE HAPPY

Hello RAJ, do not worry be happy, U will succeed in your GC efforts, however if U get an interview call from INS pl take your attorney with U!!

Good Luck,
RAMUKESI

No Title

Not to worry as Ramukesi says. The interview is just to ascertain something which cannot be done by paper alone. like to verify if married by just chatting with both you and wife or check employment papers, etc. Plan to keep all paystubs, tax filings, all status info like EADs H1\'s etc, Employment Letter latest (if you changed jobs after 180 days, dont worry, get the new letter) and try to have your Atty. with you. Good Luck.

Raj, did you get your interview?

My file has also been transferred to Local INS. I am just curious to see how long it will take for an interview to take place. Thank you.

Local Transfers

My understanding is that INS takes a certain % (typically 2 -3) and transfers it to local INS on routine basis. It also transfers cases that maybe suspicious, but in most of those cases that I have known there have been atleast one RFE if not two. So, my guess is that both of you (Raj and SepNSC2000) were the unlucky ones that got choosen to be transferred without any deficiency in your appl. I know many who had their cases transferred and got approval. Also, visit www.immitracker.com\'s message board relating to Local Transfers. Finally, the time for appt. depends upon the local INS that your case gets transferred to. In some places an appt. could be arranged in the matter of weeks and in others it may take many months.

Also, Raj and SepNSC2000, would you pls. share your exact RD/ND dates, EB and country and local INS office for the benefit of the rest of us.

Good Luck to all.

Case usually gets transferred to Local Office If Status has been changed from F1 Status to H1 Status

Case usually gets transferred to Local Office, If Status has been changed from F1 Status to H1 Status. I have seen couple of my friend\'s cases transferred to Local Office since they have changed their status from F1 to H1. They also got their approval within 3 months.

Hope this Information helps. Good Luck...

My case detail

NSC1000,

My case detail:
RD 9/14/2000, ND 9/26/2000, EB3, Country China, Local INS: Milwaukee.

According to a letter I received, my case was transferred to Milwaukee district INS office on November 6.

Hope this helps.