HELP - Case Not Found Online!!

rajeshsrinivasa

Registered Users (C)
I sent in my N400 application (VSC) on November 5th 2007 and got the NOA from USCIS on December 22nd. But I've not been able to add the case to my profile on Case Status Online. When I enter the ESC* application number I get a message that the Case cannot be found online.

I called the USCIS hotline and spoke to an IO and he said something in terms of "this case cannot be viewed online - you have to call to obtain status - you should be getting your fingerprint notice pretty soon".

I have not seen or heard this kind of scenario before. Can anyone shed any light on this?

USCIS Region: VSC
Local Office: Newark, NJ
App Number: ESC*00XXXXX31
Application Sent: November 5th 2007
Application Recd: November 6th 2007
Priority Date: November 11th 2007
NOA Received: December 22nd 2007

My wife did her oath 2 weeks ago and the online case status says the same thing as yours.

Brian

I sent in my N400 application (VSC) on November 5th 2007 and got the NOA from USCIS on December 22nd. But I've not been able to add the case to my profile on Case Status Online. When I enter the ESC* application number I get a message that the Case cannot be found online.

I called the USCIS hotline and spoke to an IO and he said something in terms of "this case cannot be viewed online - you have to call to obtain status - you should be getting your fingerprint notice pretty soon".

I have not seen or heard this kind of scenario before. Can anyone shed any light on this?

My wife became citizen a year ago, and the status online never changed. Still said Case pending. So dont pay attention to that.

Question

Thanks for your responses.

My concern is that I would not even know if and when a finger print notice or an interview letter is mailed to me if I am not able to track the case online.

Why are certain cases (like mine) not trackable online? Or am I entering the case number wrongly. There is an "*" in the application number that makes it 13 digits in all. I did enter the entire number including the asterisk.

The online system serves no purpose, there has been lot of discussions before. When Fedex and UPS can pinpoint tracking so accurately with millions of shipments, it stll amazes me why USCIS does such a job in online world. All governments are same! No one listens to people though we have a "representative" government.

same here no online status

Because the system simply doesn't work well. My N400 case never even appeared online at any point. My case was processed normally though.

my priority date is aug. 2007
did my fingerprinting but everytime i tried to access the case status follow up it shows that there is no receipt number existing in their system this really scares me a lot .:(

my priority date is aug. 2007
did my fingerprinting but everytime i tried to access the case status follow up it shows that there is no receipt number existing in their system this really scares me a lot .:(

No need to worry. USICS is currently not uploading and/or upadating cases on their website due to current backlog. For case updates, you can call customer service instead.