Help!! Any one with second interview with ao

Ragish

Registered Users (C)
I have applied for asylum on December,2010 and interviewed on January,2011.The interview lasted about 3:00 hours.When I return for the decision after two weeks I was told I should come back for the second interview.On the second interview the supervisor of the AO and the AO was present and it lasted for about 40 minutes.At the end of the interview I was told that the result will be mailed to me in just a week but now it is over three weeks.Anyone who pass through this kind of experience pleas?Should I go to the office to check status?

Yes, I had similar situation long time ago. I had a second interview 2 months after the first interview and I got the approval 8 months after the second interview.

Yes, I had similar situation long time ago. I had a second interview 2 months after the first interview and I got the approval 8 months after the second interview.

assylum,Thank you for your reply.Did you check on the status of your case by going to the office while you were waiting?or Do you think it is wise to contant the AO at the office to check?

assylum,Thank you for your reply.Did you check on the status of your case by going to the office while you were waiting?or Do you think it is wise to contant the AO at the office to check?

You can go to the office once every 2 months. I only went twice to check the status when my case was pending.

you can call them or visit the asylum office... no need to wait since you were promised a week while it's been 3 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
u dont have to go to asylum office regularly for status check, just write ASYLUM STATUS CHECK LETTER to the local asylum office with your case information and they will mail you back the response.
but no matter what and how many times you ask for status, their response will be CASE PENDING , if recommended approval but not final approval, their response will be SECURITY BACKROUND PENDING.

True, but if they promised a letter in 1 week, it will not harm to ask once, maybe letter was lost in mail.

Ragish can send an ASYLUM STATUS CHECK LETTER or visit the office if it is near or even by simply giving them a call asking if the decision was mailed.

True, but if they promised a letter in 1 week, it will not harm to ask once, maybe letter was lost in mail.

Ragish can send an ASYLUM STATUS CHECK LETTER or visit the office if it is near or even by simply giving them a call asking if the decision was mailed.

Thank you,could you pleas tell me the phone number to check status?

Thank you,I will contact them but do you think waiting long for getting decision is a sign for something? or may be it is just because I am in lawful status and they dont feel obliged to give me the -ve/+ve response in time.

they promised 1, 2 3 WEEKS to all applicants, that doesnt mean thats the time table. it is waste of time to go to asylum office. when my client got his case stuck for about 8 months, we kept on writing ASYLUM STATUS CHECK LETTERS and kept getting CASE PENDING letters. you can get response by mail, we got about 5 response for about 5 mails within 5 months.

I called the Asylum office and they told me that the AO has decided on the case already.The case is now with the AO supervisor and depending on the work load it might take a week or more to review it .

Good, I would suggest to wait for the decision in mail, call them back if you didn't get anything in a month asking if they have mailed the decision, don't ask about the case status or the decision result, but only ask if a decision was mailed or not. if you didn't feel that they gave you a certain answer then send them a registered letter in the mail.