• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Help about the highest level of education - dv lottery visas

Mr-Axl

Hello folks :)

Well, i am from Morocco and i was about to submit the dv lottery application untill i saw something.

Normally the level that is best match to me is the "Vocational School". Because after i had completed 12 years of education, i went to a vocational school and after 2 years i got the diploma, so i have 14 years. The problem is, below the radiobuttons there is a note saying "vocation schools or equivalency degrees are not acceptable". Is this means my vocational school diploma is not acceptable and shall i select just "High School degree" as the highest education i have achieved?

I am uploading a screenshot, please check it!

Please help me
Thanks,
dv.PNG

I completed my High School and right now I am freshman in the university. I'll be choosing Some University Courses if deciding to enter the DV.

Are you also enrolled in the university?

Hello folks :)

Well, i am from Morocco and i was about to submit the dv lottery application untill i saw something.

Normally the level that is best match to me is the "Vocational School". Because after i had completed 12 years of education, i went to a vocational school and after 2 years i got the diploma, so i have 14 years. The problem is, below the radiobuttons there is a note saying "vocation schools or equivalency degrees are not acceptable". Is this means my vocational school diploma is not acceptable and shall i select just "High School degree" as the highest education i have achieved?

I am uploading a screenshot, please check it!

Please help me
Thanks,
View attachment 771

I must say I think the way they list it is confusing - the list makes it looks like vocational school on the list is higher than high school, and some vocational schools are post-high school; but when they say it’s not acceptable they are talking about vocational school at the same age/as a substitute for high school.

In your case I’d choose high school.

Hi again!
Thank you again for answering my question, i really appreciate this.
Ok i think as susieQQQ said, the list is confusing, here is Morocco we have the vocational schools are more than the high school degree. I mean you cannot reach a vocational school if you don’t have a high school degree. And yes for now i think i will select just high school degree.

Thank you guys

Hi guys. A question for you. I'm applying for a US Green Card lottery 2019. And one thing really confuses me.

How To Find the Qualifying Occupations on the Department of Labor Website onetonline.
Qualifying DV Occupations are shown on the Department of Labor. Follow these steps, when you are in O*Net Online to find out if your occupation qualifies:

• Under "Find Occupations" select "Job Family" from the pull down;
  • Then Browse by “Job Family”. (For example, select Architecture and Engineering) and click "GO";
  • Then click on the link for your specific occupation. (As an example, select Aerospace Engineers. At the bottom of this Summary Report for Aerospace Engineers, under the Job Zone section, you will find the designated Job Zone 4, SVP Range, 7.0 to < 8.0. This means using this example, Aerospace Engineering is a qualifying occupation.)
This is take from the official website of the Green Card lottery. I have Bachelor Degree from my home country. However, I do not work in my field.

On Onet Online website it says SVP Range is 7.0<8.0. I work as a flight attendant for 5 years and SVP Range is 6.0<7.0. Job Zone 3. Does it mean that I'm not qualified to apply for a Green Card Lottery? This is a confusing thing for me.

Could you please clarify it? Thanks a lot.

Hi guys. A question for you. I'm applying for a US Green Card lottery 2019. And one thing really confuses me.

How To Find the Qualifying Occupations on the Department of Labor Website onetonline.
Qualifying DV Occupations are shown on the Department of Labor. Follow these steps, when you are in O*Net Online to find out if your occupation qualifies:

• Then Browse by “Job Family”. (For example, select Architecture and Engineering) and click "GO";
  • Then click on the link for your specific occupation. (As an example, select Aerospace Engineers. At the bottom of this Summary Report for Aerospace Engineers, under the Job Zone section, you will find the designated Job Zone 4, SVP Range, 7.0 to < 8.0. This means using this example, Aerospace Engineering is a qualifying occupation.)
This is take from the official website of the Green Card lottery. I have Bachelor Degree from my home country. However, I do not work in my field.

On Onet Online website it says SVP Range is 7.0<8.0. I work as a flight attendant for 5 years and SVP Range is 6.0<7.0. Job Zone 3. Does it mean that I'm not qualified to apply for a Green Card Lottery? This is a confusing thing for me.

I presume you have a high school diploma seeing as you went to university, so that is all you need to qualify. Please read the rules carefully - it is either education (high school) or work experience that you need, not both.

You have a bachelor degree and before it, you got a high school degree which means you are qualified. US dv lottery requires at least a high school degree. With that being said it doesn’t matter if you have just a high school degree or more. Some of my friends have just a high school degree and they have been selected, and in contract some others have more than a high school degree but they have not been selected.

You have a bachelor degree and before it, you got a high school degree which means you are qualified. US dv lottery requires at least a high school degree. With that being said it doesn’t matter if you have just a high school degree or more. Some of my friends have just a high school degree and they have been selected, and in contract some others have more than a high school degree but they have not been selected.
Thank you too :)

With that being said it doesn’t matter if you have just a high school degree or more. Some of my friends have just a high school degree and they have been selected, and in contract some others have more than a high school degree but they have not been selected.

Indeed, because selection is random.

I have a bachelor degree and I’d like to apply for the DV lottery.

My career isn’t an o*net qualified one, and I also didn’t complete 12 years of education.

Is my bachelor degree suffice as it is a higher qualification than high school?

Thanks in advance

Ben

I have a bachelor degree and I’d like to apply for the DV lottery.

My career isn’t an o*net qualified one, and I also didn’t complete 12 years of education.

Is my bachelor degree suffice as it is a higher qualification than high school?

Thanks in advance

Ben

You may as well apply - very few get selected anyway.

Whether you can meet the requirements or not - it depends on the interviewing officer. The rules used to be picky about secondary education being the criteria, but have been clarified in the last couple of years to say "at least" US high school equivalent .

Anyway - enter - if you win - we can discuss it more.

Hi guys,

I am planning to apply for the DV-2022 program using work experience only.

I have not completed 12 years of education, but my career is mentioned in O*Net site (15-1142.00) & I have 16+ years of experience in the field of Information Technology.

But I am not sure which option to select for the question mentioned below.

13. What is the highest level of education you have achieved, as of today?
  • Primary school only
  • High School, no degree
  • High School degree
  • Vocational School
  • Some University Courses
  • University Degree
  • Some Graduate Level Courses
  • Master's Degree
  • Some Doctorate Level Courses
  • Doctorate Degree
Appreciate if anyone could guide me.

Thanks in advance.
Rashid Bari.

Hi guys,

I am planning to apply for the DV-2022 program using work experience only.

I have not completed 12 years of education, but my career is mentioned in O*Net site (15-1142.00) & I have 16+ years of experience in the field of Information Technology.

But I am not sure which option to select for the question mentioned below.

13. What is the highest level of education you have achieved, as of today?
  • Primary school only
  • High School, no degree
  • High School degree
  • Vocational School
  • Some University Courses
  • University Degree
  • Some Graduate Level Courses
  • Master's Degree
  • Some Doctorate Level Courses
  • Doctorate Degree
Appreciate if anyone could guide me.

Thanks in advance.
Rashid Bari.

if you attended any high school but did not complete it, which is what it sounds like, then ‘high school no degree”.

Hi everyone
I wish you're having a good day I have a question about the dv lottery Im a little bit confused cuz I have high school degree and now I'm studying in vocational school (no diploma yet) and when I arrived to the high level of education I checked on vocational school is that a problem?