Help: A friend needs to sponser his brothers and sisters without sponsering his fathe


Registered Users (C)

I have a friend who is a Canadian landing immigrant. He has a reasonable IT job and he needs to sponser his brothers and sisters. His mother passed away several years ago and his father got re-married and is not interested in living with his brothers and sisters. Can anyone please let me know how a landed immigrant can sponser his brothers and sisters (all minors) in his home country without sponsering his parents. I heard that its not possible to sponser brothers and sisters without sponsering parents since they are the principal applicants.

Any help is appreciated.

Rays of Hope

Registered Users (C)
This is a difficult case, as his brother and sister are all out alone, they might come under orphaned relatives, better seek advice from some good Immigration laywer in Canada.


Registered Users (C)
Canada is a very fair state and with a heart.I have noticed that again and again. The key is 'extreme hardship'. Use that phrase and watch doors open. Your friend has a genuine case and it will be under Humanitarian grounds. Use a good lawyer and he will get it done.