Hello

Josevh83

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know, I was arrested for DWI before my oath ceremony and I received a notice to reopen my naturalization application stating that I need to submit the court disposition, but my court date in next month and the officer gave me the letter explaining also that I only have 15 days until the period end. I’m a first time offender and first arrest to the charges according to my attorney will be drop to Driving While Impaired, fine, course and 90 days suspension for my license. Do you think that USCIS can denied me the citizenship for that?

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know, I was arrested for DWI before my oath ceremony and I received a notice to reopen my naturalization application stating that I need to submit the court disposition, but my court date in next month and the officer gave me the letter explaining also that I only have 15 days until the period end. I’m a first time offender and first arrest to the charges according to my attorney will be drop to Driving While Impaired, fine, course and 90 days suspension for my license. Do you think that USCIS can denied me the citizenship for that?
Yes for 1 or 2 reasons

#1 For the actual Dwi
Or
#2 They don't use the Dui to deny but will still need the Disposition. Given you've just been arrested it's going to be tough getting the Disposition in a timely manner to satisfy USCIS.

My court day is next month. I’m in New York. They supposedly give it right way the next day once you go to court