Having no work authorization cause problems when applying for GC?

j.figo86

We are applying for a GC for my spouse who is in legal status but does not have work permission. She has been working part-time. Is this going to cause any obsticles in her getting a GC?

We are applying for a GC for my spouse who is in legal status but does not have work permission. She has been working part-time. Is this going to cause any obsticles in her getting a GC?

You have not provided enough information for a meaningful response. On what basis would he apply for a greencard? How did he enter the U.S.? On what type of visa? Who would file a petition for him? What is the petitioner's status?

Provide the whole story.

The petitioner is a U.S. citizen, while the beneficiary entered the country with a F-1 student visa around two years ago.

The petitioner is a U.S. citizen, while the beneficiary entered the country with a F-1 student visa around two years ago.

Certain student employment is authorized without the need for an EAD (work authorization card). Did the work take place on campus with the DSO's permission? If yes, then it was not unlawful. If it was unlawful, it can be forgiven for the Immediate Relative (spouse, parent, or unmarried child under 21 y/o) of a USC.

Have you started any of the immigration paperwork yet?

Thank you for the response, we really appreciate it.
We are currently gathering our information required to start our application process and this was one of our concerns.

hi,

i think its true that you need work request or permission to get an GC easily.. that is according to my friend but not yet sure about it.

Hi fellows...
I have been reading a lot of stuff on this site for a while but none with my issues i my sister is a US citizen she file a i-130 in July 01 got approved November 29 priority date came current august 2010 getting ready to file but my friend said my process date might be pushed back because i got married to a non-us citizen in February 2003 can someone please give some expert opinion on this for me please....

Hi fellows...
I have been reading a lot of stuff on this site for a while but none with my issues i my sister is a US citizen she file a i-130 in July 01 got approved November 29 priority date came current august 2010 getting ready to file but my friend said my process date might be pushed back because i got married to a non-us citizen in February 2003 can someone please give some expert opinion on this for me please....

Malcolm,

You should have started your own thread for a new case. However, this is a quick question.

The FB4 (sibling of a USC category) is the bottom rung and the marriage does NOT change the wait time. A sibling is allowed to bring a spouse and any unmarried children under age 21 along as derivative beneficiaries. The only difference from a single person is additional Immigrant Visa applications (with fees) and additional documentation to prove the relationships during Consular Processing. The principal must go first and be approved, any qualified derivatives can either "accompany or follow-to-join" the principal beneficiary. Each one must be admissible as an immigrant to get their visa. Beneficiaries may not get a visa if the principal is denied a visa.