Haven't Received the Re-entry Permit. Can I go back to US?

markxxwu

Hi folks,

I finished my biometrics submission for I-131 on Jan 31 2022 and left the US on Feb 18 2022. Currently, the case status in USCIS still shows "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken" and I want to know:

1. Should I worry about it because my waiting time is more than the average cases?
2. Is there any failure case for applying the re-entry permit in history?
3. With biometrics submission notice (with stamp on it) and the invoice and without re-entry permit, is it risky to get into US after Feb 18 2023?
4. I have filed my first tax properly.

Appreciate your suggestions in advance!

Thanks!

Last edited:
1. Uscis says 15.5 months for 80 per cent of cases are processed at present for the i131 travel doc. Times seem to be seriously blowing out, probably as more people want to travel now.

2. No idea, if you have a us phone number you can access while you are overseas, call uscis and ask that a tier 2 call you back (they will only call USA numbers), maybe they can advise.

3. As you don’t have the reentry permit on hand, it is up to you, but expect possibly some questions at the port of entry if you stay away too long. It is ill advised to be away for more than 365 days without a reentry permit in hand (due to the worst case scenario of losing your GC status). Each to their own, but I wouldn’t risk it (staying too long outside USA that is).

All the best.

1. Uscis says 15.5 months for 80 per cent of cases are processed at present for the i131 travel doc. Times seem to be seriously blowing out, probably as more people want to travel now.

2. No idea, if you have a us phone number you can access while you are overseas, call uscis and ask that a tier 2 call you back (they will only call USA numbers), maybe they can advise.

3. As you don’t have the reentry permit on hand, it is up to you, but expect possibly some questions at the port of entry if you stay away too long. It is ill advised to be away for more than 365 days without a reentry permit in hand (due to the worst case scenario of losing your GC status). Each to their own, but I wouldn’t risk it (staying too long outside USA that is).

All the best.

Thanks for the feedback and I also got the message, even it is a systematic message Lol
1675160122940.png