Have CMT convictions (one/two), Can i apply for naturalization?

Fool_PR

Registered Users (C)
I came to USA during 1991 as a F1 visa holder and was arrested for a felony (grand theft) for writing a bad check (though I paid back the money to banks even before I was arrested) on 1994(This incident was CMT I confirmed it with UCIS as it was Bank check kiting). The charge was reduced to misdemeanor 1, I had plead guilty and had 28 days jail time with 14 days suspension and paid 250 dollar fine. On 2000 I was arrested for a shop lifting for 50 dollar items. Had finger printed and released. Never went to court, did not have any plea guilty (communicated only with my lawyer). Did 16 hours community service. Case was dismissed and all records were expunged and the arrest was never reported to FBI. On 2002 got my green card based on citizen wife. I disclosed all the incidents and submitted all court papers. On 2004 I was stopped at immigration (airport), was questioned regarding my arrests. They recall my green card application; made sure I disclosed everything with my application and then let me go. On 2005 I traveled overseas again without any incident. On 2012 I renewed my green card.
Now, Is there anyway that I can be naturalized in anytime in my life? The reason is Immigration laws are more political and socio-economic issue. Today I may be o.k. with green card. But tomorrow there might be a new law which may lead me to notice to appear. I have clean record since I got green card if it matters at all.

Original poster is probably fine since he disclosed everything in his applications. Of course there is a very small possibility they could say they approved your green card in error however considering you have passed through both the I-751 process and secondary inspection at the airports, I would not think so.

Talk to an immigration attorney however my experience indicates you should be fine. Kudos on being honest

Cheers!

Im in the same situation,but Im in deportation process..Any update on your situation?

Hi Jimmy,
Have you disclosed all your convictions in your Green card application and then applied for N400? I just travelled overseas last december. I was not stopped at the airport

Hi Jimmy,
Have you disclosed all your convictions in your Green card application and then applied for N400? I just travelled overseas last december. I was not stopped at the airport

Hi

One of my friend has LPR and due renewal in 2023. he is charged with sex offense in 2019 (Agd Fel in Federal). he is very tensed since then. will his LPR will be renewed or denied after his probation expires in Feb 2023. any advice..

Hi

One of my friend has LPR and due renewal in 2023. he is charged with sex offense in 2019 (Agd Fel in Federal). he is very tensed since then. will his LPR will be renewed or denied after his probation expires in Feb 2023. any advice..
Tell you friend to stop stressing. Whats the point of being stressed out for the next 2 years? Over an outcome that's not guaranteed? When GC renewal comes up send in Application and to be on the safe side have an immigratin attorney onstandby if the need for one arises .

Hi

The fact that it was a minors doesn’t look good at all. Has he been required to register as a sex offender?