Has anyone typed info in N400 form using Adobe?

howdy_howdy

Volunteer Moderator
Has anyone typed info in N400 appl form using Adobe and used it as the application for Natz?

Does USCIS value the application form filled in this way?

Thanks for your help
howdy_howdy
//

yes i did that with all my applications,make sure though to hand sign after you print it out, very important if not they will send it back

I don't think it makes a difference with USCIS, but it is more convenient to fill it out that way and it is clearer. The main advantage would be readability. I filled out the PDF which can be saved so you don't need to do it all in one shot. I found it pretty convenient way of filling out the application.

Thanks to all!

BTW, I got a speeding ticket in September of 1997 (yes, that long ago) in FL! You think I need to mention that in 'Moral character section'? Because the question says
'ever cited/arrested'?

Thanks for your responses
howdy_howdy
//

BTW, I got a speeding ticket in September of 1997 (yes, that long ago) in FL! You think I need to mention that in 'Moral character section'? Because the question says
'ever cited/arrested'?

No one cares about that. You can disclose or not dislcose.

But if you disclose you can brag how honest you are

No one cares about that. You can disclose or not dislcose.

But if you disclose you can brag how honest you are

And then if you are in NY, the officer will ask you for a certified disposition.

But wow!! A moderator asking questions - and what is a SPAM moderator?

Just make sure you can get the certificate of disposition or at least have the payment receipt. If you don't have either one, you should at least have the original ticket to get the letter from the county court where you got the ticket, that they do not have the record of the ticket (Records are removed after certain time). Otherwise don't disclose it.

Hi Ifty:

I contacted Naples Co, FL, last year and they said they don't have any record of 1997 citations.
I am pretty sure they are going to say they cannot issue a letter about the payment as they don't have citations record of 1997.

I checked the N400 instrucitons document and it says I don't need to send any additional document
if the citation did NOT Involve arrest/DUI and the fine was less than $500.

Thanks for your response anyway
howdy_howdy
//

Howdy howdy_howdy, I was in a very similar situation ... accident in 1998 which I paid a fine for $85, no proof on hand now and wasn't able to get any copy from the courts. I had disclosed it anyway on my N-400 and explained to the IO at the interview that it was an accident that I paid the fine for. She changed my answer on the app from yes to no and signed off on it. She did tell me that this situation did not apply to that question, however, different IOs seem to interpret this differently.

Thanks for the information JPBoston.

I think, it is better to disclose it on the form and get it handled by the interviewer, rather than not mentioning it at all. The question clearly states "ever cited/arrested".
Like someone mentioned in this thread, mentioning it will show that one is a good guy rather than "hiding" it from the interviewer.

For me it was the only accident/traffic ticket I ever got. Given it was so long ago and that I didn't have a history of traffic incidents, I think that also played well in my favor. Hopefully, you have something similar.

I did not include traffic violations on my application, and if asked during the interview, I will produce my driving record. Will that do?

Thats what I am asking here..

As per the instruction manual, one doesn't need to send any additional documents if the citation did not include arrest/DUI + the fine for citation <$500. But it doesn't say
"don't mention"! So, I am going to go ahead and mention in my app.

BTW, I got cited for speeding in FL back in 1997 and I couldn't get any proof of payment from the county where I got the ticket.

I did not include traffic violations on my application, and if asked during the interview, I will produce my driving record. Will that do?