Has anyone had to do 2nd passport stamping?

bhar

I did my passport stamping in June 2004 after approval of I485 in May 2004. I have still not got the plastic card? Is anyone else in the same situation....
Thanks,

gcAwait said:
I did my passport stamping in July. Still no plastic card.

Here is a cut and paste from USCIS site :

"If you were granted permanent resident status or entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa more than 60 days ago and have not received your first permanent resident card, please call 1-800-375-5283"

You get this information when you log out of the online status check at USCIS.gov

Here is my story - My 485 got approved in April 2004 and I got my passport stamped in May 2004 in Charlotte, NC. When I did not get my GC after 4 months, I realized something was wrong. I sent G-731C to CSC three times - once every month. To my third enquiry, CSC replied that they don't have any record my having my passport stamped and asked me to go to nearest USCIS office and get my passport stamped. Then I sent them another reply along with a copy of my passport stamp. I sent a similar letter to the USCIS office in Charlotte along with a copy of response that I got from CSC. 6 weeks passed and I did not hear anything. I decided to go to Charlotte again and get my passport stamped again. 2 days before my Infopass appointment, I get an email from USCIS that my card has been ordered. I finally got my card after another week. In all, it took me about 8 months to get my card. I am sure my repeated letters to USCIS helped in expediting the whole process. If I would have not done this, I probably be waiting even till today.