Has Anyone Had This Experience?

VIDASH

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I wanted to know if anyone had gone through a similar ordeal? My husband filed for my two children in Ghana (West Africa) they were scheduled for an interview on Sept. 11 2003. I flew in to Ghana to accompany them to the interview, at the interview I was told to go and do DNA test to prove maternal relations, and the only Labs to perform the DNA was in the States. upon my arrival to the States and completion of the DNA for both me and my children, they went back to the Consulate and were told to come back the following day which was a tuesday, on tuesday when the went back they were told to come back on wednesday then on wednesday the were told to come back in three weeks time because they do not process VISAS on wednesday. Guess what? the day they were told to come back is a wednesday next week. Is this normal? my children are just 11yrs and 8yrs respectively, is there anything that I should be worried about? What other documents should I prepare to present again? Would anything else be required after DNA?:confused: :confused: :confused: I am sooo tired :eek: :eek: :eek:

you dont have anything to worry about.since they are your kids and the DNA results proves that.i went for my interview recently.i was also asked for the DNA results to prove paternal relationship.i went to the lagos consulate in Nigeria cause i am a nigerian.i am now in the US.When i went for my interview i dint take a whole lot of documents with me cause the lawyer handling the case has submitted all the required documents but i took the photocopies with me.take some pictures you took with your kids including their dads.i was asked for some pictures i took with my dad.it just serves as an additional prove of relationship.i guess you have submitted your W-2 whatever ,i dont know what its called but i know its W-2 something and other tax related stuffs for you and your husband.if u have not take them with you and if u have take the photocopies with you.in my case i was asked for police clearance certificates but u r not goin to need it because your kids are not up to 16.it is required for applicants who are 16 and above.when i went for mine in nigeria,i went with my junior brother also who is 12.he dint need the police stuff.also i was asked to do some medical test.in my brothers case who is 12(his own is similar to your kids both under 16)he did some medical test.he did some physical examinations as in his teeth,mouth,and other physical parts of his body was examined by a doctor.also he took some vaccinations.tthe results of all these medical exams was taken to the embassy.in my case because i am 19,i did hiv and syphilis tests.the hospital we used was assigned to us by the us consulate.but dont worry about anything since u r not a risk to the US,and you pay their taxes your kids should not have any problems.i detailed all this for u because u said u r from Ghana and since i am from nigeria (both west african countries i guess the same rules should apply.)as i said dont be worried just be patient and do whatever you are asked to do.i too needed to be patient.i was almost tired too because of their stress but i just kept cool and it was at last succesful.i am now in the US.During my own too,this forum really helped me.thats why i am eager to share my experience with the people who are in the same position i was once.good luck to you and your kids.

Hi mmmmmmmmm

Thank you for sharing your experience, I am just so tired because it has been over two months since the completion of the DNA and I guess I am just ready for my children to come already, but thanks for sharing and God bless. Hope America is everything you though it could be:) :) :) . Good luck

hi there mmmmmm, I have one more question, after your DNA was completed what did you do, and what more did they ask for when you went back to the Consulate? Did they perform another interview? or Did they just tell you when to come for the Visa or was it given to you on the same day. Any answers will be deeply appreciated. God bless you

My children went to the consular section today again after a three weeks wait and were told to come back again next week! They were not given a date or time for next week, what should I do? Anyone with any ideas please help cause I am getting deppressed. Thanks in advance for replying and have a prosperous new year every one!!!!! God bless you for responding

after the DNA was completed,the original copy was sent to them and i waited for some time without a response from them,so i went to call them.and and they told me to pay some money.after paying this money,i still had to wait .they finally sent me a letter telling me what time and date for my interview.u can check ur case status online.just go to www.uscis.gov.Click on a place which says case status online.follow the instuction on the screen afterwards.u will be asked for the application receipt number.u can also call the national visa center in New Hampshire (603-334-0700).let me know if u need more information.DONT BE DEPRESSED.ITS ALMOST DONE.

Last edited by a moderator: