has anyone been interviewed?

comcast

Registered Users (C)
All,

I received a letter today saying that I need to attend an interview for my I-485 in February 2005. I thought that all I-485 decisions are made by mail. Should I be worried? Anybody been to an interview before?

Comcast -

Interviews for asylees are selected randomly for quality monitoring or to ensure information on the application is correct. In either case, just make sure you take all the documents listed (if any) on the interview sheet with you. Here is what is says about interviews for asylees:

The service center will evaluate each application and determine whether an interview is necessary. The Service may decide to adjudicate an application without an interview in cases where the evaluation does not indicate questions concerning the applicant's eligibility for adjustment of status. Service center adjudication officers are trained to refer to the local offices any application that appears to warrant an interview.
The service center will refer to the local offices for interview and adjudication all cases indicating higher risk or complex issues, such as criminal charges, indications of fraud, changes in the country conditions upon which a refugee or asylees status was based, or asylees who had entered the United States without inspection. As an additional tool to monitor the integrity of the adjudications process and any emerging trends affecting the exercise of the Service's interview determination authority, the service center will refer to the local offices for interview a random sample of at least 2 percent of all other refugee an asylee adjustment applications. In all cases where a service center refers an adjustment application to a local office for adjudication, the receiving office will complete and return to the service center an interview referral processing worksheet, which will be reviewed as an indicator for any additional interview referral criteria that should be implemented.

I hope this explains the process to you. Goodluck on your interview. Be sure to let us know how it went.

hi comcast when did your case transferred to the local office and wich district office is that or the city? and please tell me what is you ND?
thanx and good luck with your interview

comcast said:
All,

I received a letter today saying that I need to attend an interview for my I-485 in February 2005. I thought that all I-485 decisions are made by mail. Should I be worried? Anybody been to an interview before?

I was interviewed earlier this year. It was just a formality. The officer mainly wanted to know if I renewed my passport, returned home or used any benefits from my home country. They approved my I-485 on the spot. I have heard that if you did any of the things they asked about, they would refer your file back to the asylum office for possible revocation of asylum.

I would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

thank you very much thankful
i wanted to know how long it took from the trasferre date to the interview appointment? and what district office , all the dates if you still have them
thank you.

sickwaiting said:
thank you very much thankful
i wanted to know how long it took from the trasferre date to the interview appointment? and what district office , all the dates if you still have them
thank you.

My I-485 was filed with NSC in August 1999; I received a fingerprint notice in March 2003. In late June I received a notice from the immigration office in West Palm Beach for an interview scheduled for July 27th. I never received any transfer notice from the NSC.

Are you waiting for an interview?

thanx for the informations thankful
yes my case transferred to philadelphia local office from nebraska
on november 5th 2004, and i m trying to track how long it will take them to schedule an interview.