Happy day..finally i'm AMERICAN CITIZEN :)

osogio

Registered Users (C)
Finally, I am done with this. Today I had my oath ceremony and became an US Citizen. I sent in my N-400 application on Feb -march this year, and I received my naturalization certificate today, July13. It took me a good 5 months to get it. Enough of my thought. Let me share with all of you about my experience today.
My oath ceremony took place at Central Islip 100 Federal Plaza today Ny. I got there around 8.00 eventhough my appointment was for 8:30 am. No phones and cameras were allowed to bought in. I had to leave my phone at the security desk. . After going through the security, I went to the second floor and into a big hall. I sat down I saw 3 INS Officers came in and ask people to sit closer to the front. There wasn't many people in the ceremony today, I guess it was 100 more or less. One of the officiers asked us to answer all of the questions from our appointment letters and signed it. Then, we were asked to hand in our Green card along with the appointment letter to the Officiers and our Naturalization Certificates were shown to us. We had to check if all the spellings were correct on our Naturalization Certificates, and signed it. When everyone went through his/her Naturalization Certificate, it was around 10:00am. We were then give a chance to register for voting. I filled it up and handed in. We sat down and waited again. Around 10:30am, the Judge came in. It was a lady . She then congradulated us and left. One of the officiers have us to raise our right hands and to take the oath. After the oath, our Naturalizations were started to hand out to us one by one. I was out of the door around 11:00.
The total process only took 3.5 hours. A lot shorter than I was expected. Thank God, It is finally over for me. i think i made a small mistake cause i went to the social security office for updated my status. They said they have to check with immigration and it will take a couple weeks .
Did i make a mistake by doing it the same day ? , is my status updated right away with USCIS ? .
just worried that when social security wants to check , USCIS wont have updated yet . well for the record i never went back to COP..never renewed my passport..it cost me a lot of tears cause i lost special people from my family..BUT i can't go back to my cop..i was a human right activist there and my life will be in danger just to touch that country...so with a lot of sorrow i can't go back...like the officer said to me the day of my interview..you are a real asylee..you never went back to your cop...yes i never went back..but my soul is sad cause i lost people that i really loved...
well now i'll wait to get my new social security and go to the New York passport office..i will wait...i learn how to wait
hugs and good luck to everybody..specially to my friend Shefe
Good Luck people

Congratulations, tio. Happy for you. Don't worry about the SS issue. You're a citizen, so it's not like you lied. They'll get an update soon.

Thanks ivanlozada and my friend cafeconleche
hey CAFE..thanks for your words man..i was worried about that..so you think that i just need the naturalization certificate and no the new social for aply for the passport in the passport agency in new york? the new social cause they shortened my name in the certificate that's why i need a new card..
http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/agencies_912.html
thanks for your help buddy and your time

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ivanlozada and my friend cafeconleche
hey CAFE..thanks for your words man..i was worried about that..so you think that i just need the naturalization certificate and no the new social for aply for the passport in the passport agency in new york? the new social cause they shortened my name in the certificate that's why i need a new card..
http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/agencies/agencies_912.html
thanks for your help buddy and your time
AWESOME DAY..i ve got my new social security card AFTER a long wait..one month..exactly one month after my naturalization ceremony..lol..the new social security card have like a small hologram in the bottom..i'm done with burocrats..lol
now i must find a good job soon..lol...the funny thing i became american and the economy is not the best..but i want to remain positive and support my new country U.S.A//love to be american