Hallelujah... Approved Chicago Local Office (EB3 - India - PD:03/2003)

anujsingla

Registered Users (C)
Hallelujah...

Yesterday we received the letters from USCIS, Chicago Local Office, advising that my wife and I have been granted permanent resident alien status as of July 10, 2007. The alien registration cards will be mailed within the next few months.

We have scheduled the Infopass appointments for temporary stamps in passport on July 27.

Here are my details:

PD: March 2003 (EB3-India).
I-140/485 filed in October 2003
First finger-printing: May 2004
I-140 approved in Dec 2004.
I-485 (both me and my wife) transferred to Chicago Local office in Dec 2004
Interview at Chicago Local Office in June 2005 (Did not get GC due to unavailability of Visas -- stupid Retrogression)
Changed Job in Dec 2005 (same title, work responsibility, better salary and company). New company's attorney filed G-28.
Moved to new address within Chicago area in Feb 2007. Filed AR-11 and called NCS 1-800# and also mailed letter to Chicago local office regarding address change
Confirmation letter for address change received twice from Chicago local office in May and June 2007
Second Finger Printing in first week of June 2007
RECEIVED MAGIC LETTER ON July 12, 9PM from immigration attorney of my previous company.

Although I have the confirmation letters from USCIS Chicago that they have updated our new address in their records, the approval letters were STILL mailed to our previous address instead of the new updated address. Fortunately, USCIS also sent letter to the immigration attorney from my previous job, who was kind enough to forward these letters to me.

I'm going to write to the District Director regarding the address change, so the alien registration cards are sent to the new address, and will also discuss this when I go for temporary stamp on July 27. Is there anything else I should do to ensure that cards are mailed to correct address?

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THOSE WAITING... Hang in there... It will come soon...

Last edited by a moderator: