H4 Visa question

Gumby

Registered Users (C)
Hi Folks,

I am getting married on April 15,2002 and I am currently on H1 visa and I have to sponsor my wife for H4 visa at U.S consulate in Pakistan.

I am not sure if she will get the H4 visa while I am there. If not then she has to come alone on a H4 Visa......Is that alright? Can she enter U.S on H4 visa by herself?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It should be fine.

I called US Embassy-Islamabad about two weeks ago and asked them about how long it takes to get the visa stamp nowadays. I need to get H-1 stamp renewed on my passport and my wife needs H-4 visa stamp. She said it can take anywhere from 35-50 days for me (male between 16-55 from Pakistan) to get the visa. But if my wife applies by herself it will take a maximum of 15 days to get the visa stamp. So, in your case you might be able to bring her back with you too. Anyways, if she comes here by herself, it should be fine too. Good luck on your wedding and hope the process goes smoothly for you. Let us know how the process went. It\'s beneficial for other Pakis too.

No Title

Your wife can get it alone. Just apply using regular process including your H-1b notice, company letter, pay stubs, nikah namah. I also included a copy of my passport. The visa officer matched the signature on the nikah nama with the passport.