H4 visa issue


New Member
I was in the US on a H4 visa and after 3 months of marriage my husband deserted me in India and went back to US. We are currently in the process of getting a divorce filled in india. Meanwhile my husband's H1B extension is due and he has showed me as a dependent in the said application but he has also stated that he doesn't want to extend my visa.

Can he do that without my consent?

He has also deliberately changed addresses to make sure my H4 EAD gets undeliverable. How can I inform the government about this?

Also, how can he mention me as a dependent while we are clearly separated?

How can I make sure that he doesn't file any cases against me in US?

How can I make sure he doesn't take any tax benefits by showing me as a dependent?

Please advice.