H4 visa for my wife who lives in india

DAVEDELHI

I'm little confused please help me out in replying my questions.

I'm male living in california. My VISA is valid until 2010. I'm going to get married sometime in Jan next year.I'm not very clear how to proceed for getting h4 VISA for my wife.

1.> Do i've to fill out only DS-156 and not DS-157.

2.> Does DS-156 should have her details or mine details.

3.> Fee Demand draft should be on her name or on my name.

4.> How long does it takes to get H4 visa.

Looking forward to hear ASAP.

I'm little confused please help me out in replying my questions.

I'm male living in california.
My VISA is valid until 2010.
I'm going to get married sometime in Jan next year.

I'm not very clear how to proceed for getting h4 VISA for my wife.

1.> Do i've to fill out only DS-156 and not DS-157.

2.> Does DS-156 should have her details or mine details.

3.> Fee Demand draft should be on her name or on my name.

4.> How long does it takes to get H4 visa.

Looking forward to hear ASAP.

First get married and then she should get marriage certificate from registrar. She should get new copy of her passport with married name and should provide copy of marriage certificate to passport office.

YOU have VISA till 2010 why you need to fill up form DS-156 or
DS- 157.

She will need to fill up the forms. You can take the printout of forms and can see what she needs to fill. Fee demand draft should be on her name (the name on passport after marriage).

The time depends on particular US consulate. I don’t know where she will apply for H4 visa stamp. You can check the particular US consulate site and find the info.

Thank you Ginnue.

1.> But then where does my information as a primary applicant will come into picture if DS 156 AND 157 should have her details? I think somewhere i have to feed my information since H4 is dependant.
2.> Can i complete these two forms online on behalf of her?
3.> Do i have to be with her when she goes to New Delhi embassy, i guess not required.
4.> Do you have an idea when appointment will open for the next year
5.> Can i pay VISA fee if appointments are not opened for next year.

Thanks

Thank you Ginnue.
----------------------------------------it is Ginnu
1.> But then where does my information as a primary applicant will come into picture if DS 156 AND 157 should have her details? I think somewhere i have to feed my information since H4 is dependant.
------------------ why cant you take the prinout of the forms and read where your info is needed? why you are depending for smaal details from others?
2.> Can i complete these two forms online on behalf of her?
3.> Do i have to be with her when she goes to New Delhi embassy, i guess not required.
----------------------------NO, if you have H1 Visa
4.> Do you have an idea when appointment will open for the next year
------------------------------------check the embassy site
5.> Can i pay VISA fee if appointments are not opened for next year.
--------------------check the US embassy Delhi site.it will be the same info if I check or you check.

I

-------------------

**Check the info on US embassy New Delhi

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to find these information on New Delhi embassy but i could not find any concreate information. Would appreciate if you can rply back with the answers if you know.

Thanks.....

I tried to find these information on New Delhi embassy but i could not find any concreate information. Would appreciate if you can rply back with the answers if you know.

Thanks.....

others may post or find info from your lawyer.

Ginnue - Thanks for your help.

Last reply from you "others may post or find info from your lawyer" i do not get it.

Ginnue - Thanks for your help.
---------------------it is ginnu NOT Ginnue
Last reply from you "others may post or find info from your lawyer" i do not get it.
It simply means that if you don’t understand anything ask your lawyer.
Or others who got visa stamp from Delhi may post reply to you.