H4 Unpaid jobs


New Member
Can H4 dependents work unpaid jobs?

I am doing my masters and will be graduating in December. Currently I am on H4 EAD, which will be invalid in 2 months. We have already applied for extension and by the looks of it, I wont be getting my EAD any time sooner.
After graduating in December, I wanted to work even if I don't get paid. Can I do that? Please advise.


You can't do unpaid work. You can volunteer, but only as long as your activities are normal volunteering activities (i.e. something that a US citizen would normally not expect to get paid for).