H4 - Travel outside US

k93157

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I and my wife applied for I485 in June 2007. We are waiting for our GC approval.

At the time filing my I-485, I was working for company A and I have H1 valid till Sep 2009 (My wife has got valid H4 till Sep 2009 as well). Both of passports were stamped with the valid visas and I-94s are valid as well.

in June 2008, we have applied for our EAD and AP renewals. (Though we had valid EAD, we never (neither me nor my wife) used them.

in July 2008, I changed my job to company B. Company B filed for H1 (and H4) transfer. Company B wanted to play safe and we decided not use to EAD with AC21.

H1 and H4 Tranfers are pending now.

Recently we received EAD approvals and AP. However my wife's AP is lost in mail.

my wife is planning to travel to India in Nov 1st week. It is unlikely that we get new AP for my wife anytime soon.

Can she travel on her valid H4 (gotten from Previous company A) and enter US safely?

My priority date is Eb2 2001. We might be getting GC approval soon. If we get our GC approval, while she is in India, will that be a problem?

Please help

Thanks

Hi,

I and my wife applied for I485 in June 2007. We are waiting for our GC approval.

At the time filing my I-485, I was working for company A and I have H1 valid till Sep 2009 (My wife has got valid H4 till Sep 2009 as well). Both of passports were stamped with the valid visas and I-94s are valid as well.

in June 2008, we have applied for our EAD and AP renewals. (Though we had valid EAD, we never (neither me nor my wife) used them.

in July 2008, I changed my job to company B. Company B filed for H1 (and H4) transfer. Company B wanted to play safe and we decided not use to EAD with AC21.

H1 and H4 Tranfers are pending now.

Recently we received EAD approvals and AP. However my wife's AP is lost in mail.

my wife is planning to travel to India in Nov 1st week. It is unlikely that we get new AP for my wife anytime soon.
----------------------------it will be better if she gets AP before she goes out.

Can she travel on her valid H4 (gotten from Previous company A) and enter US safely?
----------------------------YES Before the Visa stamp gets expired (if your H1 transfer gets approved while she is out then send her your H1 approval notice and at POE she will show her valid H4 visa AND your H1 Transfer approval notice and will get I-94 till your H1 Transfer approval notice validity)

My priority date is Eb2 2001. We might be getting GC approval soon. If we get our GC approval, while she is in India, will that be a problem?

-------------------If her GC is approved she is out of US then she can enter US on H4 or with valid AP and at POE they will inform her that her GC is approved and will admit her

Please help

Thanks

-------------