H4 transfer

bgandhi7461

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My wife is working on H1 and I am here on H4 as her dependent. Now she is thinking of changing her job, in that case she will need an H1 transfer for the new company.

My question is that do i need to get my H4 transfered also? I already have stamped H4 in the name of current company. Within 6 month I am planning to go on F1, so I was wondering that do i need to go through all transfer of my H4 or I dont need to file for a transfer?

Thanks

Hello,

My wife is working on H1 and I am here on H4 as her dependent. Now she is thinking of changing her job, in that case she will need an H1 transfer for the new company.

My question is that do i need to get my H4 transfered also? I already have stamped H4 in the name of current company. Within 6 month I am planning to go on F1, so I was wondering that do i need to go through all transfer of my H4 or I dont need to file for a transfer?

Thanks

if your spouse is joining new company and new employer is filing H1 transfer it is better to file H4 with primary so that both cases get approved same day and both will get same date of expiry on new I-94. Many H1 holders file H1 and forget H4 extension filing. It is not must to file H4 transfer if your spouse is joining new employer on H1 transfer. if you want to remain on H4 then better to file with spouse H1 transfer or can file H4 extension any time before H4 based I-94 gets expired.